7:10 PM ET, March 19, 2009
Sprint Center, Kansas City, Missouri
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Michigan was supposed to be the team with the jitters. The Wolverines hadn't been to the NCAA tournament in over a decade, had to sweat out Selection Sunday just to find out if they'd get in.
• Michigan won its first tournament game since 1998 handing the Tigers another close NCAA loss. Clemson's last six tournament losses have come by a combined 26 points.
• Clemson coach Oliver Purnell falls to 0-5 in NCAA tournament games.
• Manny Harris led the Wolverines with 21 points, seven rebounds and six assists.
• Clemson's guards struggled, going 5-27 from the field (Rivers, Stitt, Oglesby).
• Michigan turned it over five times in 37 possessions.
-- ESPN research
Blake Griffin will get his shots. But in beating Clemson on Thursday, Michigan showed it has a blueprint for victory. Story
Michigan made only one shot in the final six minutes of the game, but was able to survive Clemson's run.
|First 34 Minutes||Final 6 Minutes|
NCAA Mens Tournament
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||20-51 (.392)||21-65 (.323)|
|3P Made-Attempted||10-26 (.385)||5-22 (.227)|
|FT Made-Attempted||12-15 (.800)||12-14 (.857)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||11 (0/0)||19 (0/0)|
|» Mar 19, 2009||MICH 62, @CLEM 59||Recap|