9:40 PM ET, March 20, 2009
University of Dayton Arena, Dayton, OH
DAYTON, Ohio -- Siena strikes again.Ronald Moore hit a 3-pointer with 3.9 seconds left in the second overtime -- from the identical spot he made one at the end of the first OT -- as the Saints beat eighth-seeded Ohio State 74-72 on Friday night in the first round of the NCAA tournament.
• After trailing for the majority of the game, Siena scored the final four points of regulation to force overtime.
• Siena has advanced past the first round of the NCAA tournament in four of its five NCAA tournament appearances and improved to 4-4 all-time in the tournament.
• Ronald Moore made his only two three-point field goals in the extra periods, one to send the game into a second overtime and the game-winner with less than four seconds left in double overtime.
• Evan Turner flirted with a triple double for Ohio State, leading them with 25 points, nine rebounds and eight assists.
• Thad Matta lost in the first round of the NCAA tournament for the first time in his career, now 6-1 all-time.
-- ESPN research
Bennett: Moore's tune
Ronald Moore will be seeing his clutch shots from Friday night and early Saturday morning for the rest of his life, writes Bennett. Story
NCAA Mens Tournament
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||24-72 (.333)||24-60 (.400)|
|3P Made-Attempted||6-24 (.250)||7-25 (.280)|
|FT Made-Attempted||20-28 (.714)||17-23 (.739)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||18 (0/0)||21 (0/0)|
|» Mar 20, 2009||SIE 74, @OSU 72||Recap|