7:00 PM ET, January 30, 2010
Bramlage Coliseum, Manhattan, Kansas
Collins battles back injury to help No. 2 Kansas survive No. 13 Kansas State in OT
MANHATTAN, Kan. -- Sherron Collins winced through back spasms all night, only to have it flare up at the worst possible moment. He limped off the floor and started contorting his body, drinking electrolytes -- anything to get the pain to stop.It did, and just in time.
• Sherron Collins hit a layup with less than 10 seconds remaining to put the Jayhawks up by 3.
• Five different Jayhawks scored in double-figures. Cole Aldrich had 18 points and 11 rebounds, his ninth double-double this season.
• The Jayhawks is 31-2 against the Wildcats since the inception of the Big 12.
• The Wildcats suffered their third loss in their last 10 conference home games.
• Jacob Pullen led Kansas State with 22 points. Pullen is shooting 51.7 percent from the field over his last two games after shooting 13.3 percent in his previous two.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||27-54 (.500)||29-67 (.433)|
|3P Made-Attempted||5-10 (.500)||6-18 (.333)|
|FT Made-Attempted||22-33 (.667)||15-22 (.682)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||24 (0/0)||25 (0/0)|