7:00 PM ET, February 4, 2010
Assembly Hall, Bloomington, Indiana
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Purdue finally won a game in Bloomington after going a decade and then some without one.Robbie Hummel and JaJuan Johnson each scored 21 points, and Purdue (No. 7 ESPN/USA Today, No. 8 AP) held off its in-state rival 78-75 on Thursday night. The Boilermakers won a road game in the series for the first time since 1999 to snap an eight-game skid in Bloomington.
• The Boilermakers won their fifth straight with JaJuan Johnson and Robbie Hummel both contributing 21 points.
• Johnson has scored more than 20 points in three of his last five games. Hummel has scored in double-figures in 19 consecutive games.
• The Boilermakers are 7-3 in Big Ten play after starting 2-3.
• Verdell Jones III led the Hoosiers with 22 points.
• The loss snapped Indiana's eight-game home winning streak against Purdue as the Hoosiers dropped to a season-worst three games below .500.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||26-56 (.464)||27-60 (.450)|
|3P Made-Attempted||6-19 (.316)||8-16 (.500)|
|FT Made-Attempted||20-28 (.714)||13-18 (.722)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||18 (0/0)||20 (0/0)|