9:00 PM ET, February 2, 2011
Comcast Center, College Park, MD
COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- It isn't often that Duke loses a basketball game, and losing streaks are an even rarer occurrence for the Blue Devils.Eager to avoid its first skid in nearly two years, No. 5 Duke played with purpose and determination in an 80-62 victory over Maryland on Wednesday night.Kyle Singler scored 22 points, Nolan Smith had 21, and the Blue Devils bounced back from Sunday's lopsided defeat against St. John's with one of their best performances of the season.
• Duke beat Maryland for the eighth time in the past nine games.
• Kyle Singler now has 2,166 career points and moved into fifth on Duke's all-time scoring list.
• Duke has scored 80 or more points in 16 games this season and has won 31 straight games when reaching the 80-point mark.
• Mason Plumlee had 12 points and 11 rebounds for his first double-double since Dec. 1st against Michigan State.
• Jordan Williams had 20 points and 10 rebounds for Maryland. He has 19 double-doubles this season, the most in the nation.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||30-57 (.526)||20-50 (.400)|
|3P Made-Attempted||10-23 (.435)||2-9 (.222)|
|FT Made-Attempted||10-16 (.625)||20-27 (.741)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||21 (0/0)||20 (0/0)|