8:00 PM ET, February 5, 2011
Haas Pavilion, Berkeley, CA
Lamont Jones hits trio of clutch shots to help No. 22 Arizona outlast Cal in 3 OTs
BERKELEY, Calif. -- For anybody who might have questioned Lamont Jones' big-play ability for Arizona, he put on a spectacular "MoMo" show that kept on going.Jones scored a go-ahead lay-in with 1:03 left in the third overtime and also had a tying 3-pointer with 5 seconds to go in the second OT and the tying three-point play with 16 seconds to play in regulation, sending Arizona (No. 22 ESPN/USA Today, No. 21 AP) to a thrilling 107-105 victory against California on Saturday night.
• Arizona won its fifth straight and is 8-2 in its past 10 games.
• The game was just the third triple-overtime game between two Pac-10 teams in the past 15 seasons. California has played in two, winning the first and losing Saturday night.
• Of Cal's 69 shot attempts, two came from bench players, and 85 of Cal's 105 points came from three players: Jorge Gutierrez (25), Allen Crabbe (27) and Harper Kamp (33).
• Arizona's bench outscored Cal's 52-3.
• The loss snapped a four-game winning streak for California.
• Arizona has won 21 of its past 26 meetings with Cal.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||35-74 (.473)||34-69 (.493)|
|3P Made-Attempted||14-34 (.412)||7-12 (.583)|
|FT Made-Attempted||23-31 (.742)||30-42 (.714)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||31 (0/0)||25 (0/0)|