9:00 PM ET, February 5, 2011
Stephen C. O'Connell Center, Gainesville, Florida
No. 23 Florida makes 18 of 22 free throws in upset of No. 11 Kentucky
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Despite baffling inconsistency, evident flaws and several bad losses, Florida is sitting atop the Southeastern Conference's Eastern Division.With a cushion, too.Chandler Parsons had 17 points and 12 rebounds, Alex Tyus made two big defensive plays late and the Gators (No. 23 ESPN/USA Today) beat Kentucky (No. 11 ESPN/USA Today, No. 10 AP) 70-68 Saturday night.
Save the Best for Last
After almost all of Saturday's action was done, Florida prevailed in what may have been the best game of the day, writes Eamonn Brennan. Blog
• Florida improved to 8-3 this season in games decided by six points or fewer (5-0 in SEC play).
• Chandler Parsons led the Gators with 17 points and 12 rebounds for his fifth double-double of the season, tying a career high. Parsons now has three double-doubles in his past four games.
• Florida is 9-4 in its last 13 games against Kentucky.
• The Gators increased their lead in the SEC East to 1½ games over Tennessee.
• The Wildcats have lost four of their past eight following a seven-game win streak.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||25-54 (.463)||23-53 (.434)|
|3P Made-Attempted||7-12 (.583)||6-19 (.316)|
|FT Made-Attempted||11-13 (.846)||18-22 (.818)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||19 (0/0)||11 (0/0)|
Next 5 Games
SEC Conference Standings
So far in SEC play, the Wildcats have been domesticated on the road, going just 1-4 while turning the ball over almost 13 times per game. A far cry from their dominance in Lexington where Calipari's crew is 3-0 with an average margin of victory of more than 22 points per game.[+]
House Cats - Kentucky vs SEC This Season
ESPN Stats & Information