4:00 PM ET, February 12, 2011
Frank Erwin Center, Austin, Texas
Tristan Thompson key as Texas clips Baylor to stay perfect in Big 12
AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas keeps winning. Is a return to No. 1 next?Freshman Tristan Thompson had 17 points and 13 rebounds and No. 3 Texas held off a furious rally by LaceDarius Dunn and Baylor to remain undefeated in the Big 12 with a 69-60 victory Saturday.The Longhorns have won 10 in a row. And given top-ranked Ohio State's loss to Wisconsin and the fact that Texas handed No. 2 Kansas its only loss of the season, the Longhorns could find themselves sitting at No. 1 come Monday.They hope not.
• Texas snapped its four-game losing streak in games against Baylor. The win also snapped Texas' nine-game conference double-digit win streak.
• The Longhorns are 10-0 in Big 12 play for the first time since the inception of the league.
• Baylor fell to 8-2 in its past 10 games against its three in-state Big 12 opponents.
• LaceDarius Dunn scored 26 points for Baylor. He ranks second all-time in school history with 2,179 career points. Dunn needs 11 points to become Baylor's all-time leading scorer and pass Terry Teagle.
• Dunn also needs 78 points to surpass Texas Tech's Andre Emmett (2,256) as the Big 12's career scoring leader.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||26-65 (.400)||22-52 (.423)|
|3P Made-Attempted||3-14 (.214)||3-10 (.300)|
|FT Made-Attempted||5-8 (.625)||22-37 (.595)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||24 (0/0)||15 (0/0)|