1:30 PM ET, February 19, 2011
Bob Devaney Sports Center, Lincoln, Nebraska
LINCOLN, Neb. -- Count Texas among those very impressed by Nebraska's upset of the Longhorns (No. 2 ESPN/USA Today, No. 3 AP).Brandon Richardson hit a pair of free throws with 7.2 seconds left to seal the Cornhuskers' 70-67 win on Saturday. Nebraska hadn't beaten a team ranked in the top three since knocking off No. 3 Missouri 98-91 in the 1994 Big Eight Conference tournament.After Texas' 3-point attempt fell short at the buzzer, Nebraska students stormed the court and hoisted players on their shoulders.
Brennan: Tumult at the Top
Ohio State was the first domino with last Saturday's loss. Then Kansas followed on Monday. Texas and Pitt continued the trend with losses on Saturday to unranked opponents. What does it all mean? Blog
• Texas lost for the first time since Jan. 8 against UConn. The loss ended Texas' school-record 11-game Big 12 Conference win streak and its five-game road conference win streak.
• Texas' Jordan Hamilton shot 3 for 16 from the field and made 1 of 8 in the second half.
• Nebraska has won three straight games following a three-game losing streak.
• Nebraska is 16-1 at home while Texas is 6-2 in true road games this season.
• Four of Nebraska's six wins all-time against Texas have come against ranked Longhorns squads.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||20-55 (.364)||24-51 (.471)|
|3P Made-Attempted||8-19 (.421)||4-10 (.400)|
|FT Made-Attempted||19-28 (.679)||18-25 (.720)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||22 (0/0)||22 (0/0)|
|» Feb 19, 2011||@NEB 70, TEXAS 67||Recap|