7:45 PM ET, February 20, 2011
Cameron Indoor Stadium, Durham, North Carolina
DURHAM, N.C. -- For a brief while, it looked as if a brutal week for the nation's top teams might end with yet another upset -- and this time, it was Duke's turn.Then came a rare "T" on Coach K.Suddenly, the fifth-ranked Blue Devils had the look of a No. 1 team once again -- even if they downplayed the significance of possibly reclaiming that ranking following their 79-57 rout of Georgia Tech on Sunday night.
• Duke overcame a slow start to roll past Georgia Tech and lay its claim to the top spot in Monday's polls.
• The score was tied at 28 with just over 3 minutes left in the first half, but the Blue Devils outscored Georgia Tech 51-29 the rest of the way.
• Duke won its 34th straight home game, the longest active streak in the nation.
• Kyle Singler became the 21st player in conference history to score 1,000 career points in ACC regular season play.
• Georgia Tech fell to 0-9 in true road games this season.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||20-60 (.333)||28-62 (.452)|
|3P Made-Attempted||3-15 (.200)||6-16 (.375)|
|FT Made-Attempted||14-20 (.700)||17-20 (.850)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||20 (0/0)||17 (0/0)|
|» Feb 20, 2011||@DUKE 79, GT 57||Recap|
Next 5 Games
ACC Conference Standings
ESPN Stats & Information