9:00 PM ET, February 24, 2011
Petersen Events Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
PITTSBURGH -- A freak injury to key reserve Talib Zanna didn't rattle the Pittsburgh Panthers. Neither did starter Gilbert Brown getting into foul trouble, or finding themselves once again trailing at halftime to Big East-rival West Virginia.Taking advantage of additional playing time, reserve Lamar Patterson scored a career-best 11 points to help the Panthers (No. 6 ESPN/USA Today, No. 4 AP) to an easy 71-58 win on Thursday night.
• Nasir Robinson scored 15 points as the Panthers beat West Virginia for the 10th time in the last 11 home games.
• Robinson was one of four Panthers in double figures. Pitt outscored West Virginia 41-27 in the second half.
• Pitt has won six of its last seven games, with the loss coming at St. John's by one point.
• Casey Mitchell had 22 points off the bench to lead West Virginia, which has lost four of its last six games.
• The Mountaineers were swept by Pitt this season, losing at home on Feb. 7.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||17-51 (.333)||27-47 (.574)|
|3P Made-Attempted||7-15 (.467)||5-14 (.357)|
|FT Made-Attempted||17-23 (.739)||12-20 (.600)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||20 (0/0)||23 (0/0)|