10:00 PM ET, March 2, 2011
Marriott Center, Provo, UT
PROVO, Utah -- BYU players said they will continue to support former teammate Brandon Davies "like a brother" despite transgressions that got the starting forwarded kicked off the nation's third-ranked team.There was no denying the Cougars were a different team in Wednesday night's 82-64 loss to New Mexico. It was their first game without Davies, who on Tuesday was dismissed from the team for the rest of the season for violating the university's honor code.
• New Mexico finished a sweep of BYU. The losses to New Mexico are BYU's only two conference losses this season.
• New Mexico has won two straight following a four-game losing streak.
• BYU is 2-2 all-time when ranked No. 3 in the AP Poll.
• BYU suffered its first double-digit loss at the Marriott Center since a season-opening 12-point loss to Loyola Marymount in 2005. The loss was the Cougars' largest margin of defeat at home since a 22-point loss to Utah State in December 2004.
• Despite the loss, Jimmer Fredette scored 33 points, his 17th career 30-point game, tied for the most in BYU history.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||27-58 (.466)||20-59 (.339)|
|3P Made-Attempted||9-20 (.450)||5-26 (.192)|
|FT Made-Attempted||19-23 (.826)||19-22 (.864)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||20 (0/0)||21 (1/0)|
Next 5 Games
Tough night for BYU against New Mexico. They post season-lows in points (64) and 3-point FG pct (19.2). They also had the 2nd-lowest FG pct (33.9) and rebounds (29). They were outrebounded 45-29.[+]
BYU COUGARS - vs NEW MEXICO WEDNESDAY
ESPN Stats & Information