4:00 PM ET, March 6, 2011
Value City Arena, Columbus, Ohio
Ohio State deals No. 10 Wisconsin loss with 14 straight 3-pointers
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- In the midst of a raucous locker room after No. 1 Ohio State's 93-65 payback victory over 10th-ranked Wisconsin, Jon Diebler said he was sorry to his teammates."I apologize for missing that one," he said.Everyone laughed.Diebler lived up to his "3-bler" nickname Sunday by hitting 7 of 8 shots behind the arc while scoring 27 points, as Ohio State (29-2, 16-2 Big Ten) set NCAA Division I records by making 14 of 15 3-pointers (93.3 percent) and hitting 14 in a row -- after missing the first.
Best Shooting Display Ever
Ohio State put on the greatest 3-point display in Division I history Sunday against Wisconsin. Hitting 14 3-pointers in a row is mathematically absurd. Blog
• The Buckeyes made 14 of 15 from 3-point range. The 93.3 percent is the best in Division I history with a minimum of 10 attempts.
• Ohio State made its last 14 3-point attempts after Jon Diebler missed his first attempt with 13:42 remaining in the first half. The 14 straight 3-pointers are also a Division I record.
• Ohio State finished undefeated at home (20-0) for the second time in the past 20 seasons, and the first time since the 2006-07 season.
• The Buckeyes' 29 wins are tied for the second-most in a season, behind 2006-07, when they lost in the NCAA title game.
• Wisconsin fell to 2-19 all-time against the AP No. 1 team. The Badgers beat Ohio State when the Buckeyes were No. 1 earlier this season.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||25-60 (.417)||32-47 (.681)|
|3P Made-Attempted||9-24 (.375)||14-15 (.933)|
|FT Made-Attempted||6-9 (.667)||15-20 (.750)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||17 (0/0)||12 (0/0)|
Next 5 Games
Big Ten Conference Standings
Ohio State was lights out once again from the 3-point line, making 14 of 15 from downtown. The 93.3% from 3-point range is the best in DIVISION I history with a minimum of 10 attempts. Jon Diebler continues to lead the Ohio State assault, making 7 3s today. He's 17-20 from downtown in his last 2 games. Ohio State also made its last 14 3-pt FGA after Diebler missed his first attempt with 13:42 remaining in the first half. The 14 consecutive made 3-pt FG are also a Division I record.[+]
Best 3-pt FG pct - Single Game, Division I History
ESPN Stats & Information