12:30 PM ET, March 10, 2011
Sprint Center, Kansas City, MO
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Oklahoma State had a good game plan against No. 2 Kansas. If not for all that foul trouble, it might have been good enough to pull off a major upset.Mario Little's three-point play broke a tie with 71 seconds to go and the depleted Cowboys missed a desperation heave at the buzzer, allowing the Jayhawks to escape with a 63-62 victory Thursday in the quarterfinals of the Big 12 tournament.Oklahoma State, routed by Kansas last month, led by as many as eight and did a good job of keeping Marcus and Markieff Morris from operating down low, forcing the 14-point favorites to put up an uncharacteristic 25 3-pointers. They made only five and were in trouble the entire game.
• Oklahoma State led by six points at the half. In the teams' other meeting this season, Kansas was up 52-28 at halftime.
• Marcus Morris had 16 points and 11 rebounds for his fifth double-double of the season against Big 12 opponents.
• Kansas is 14-1 all-time in its first game at the Big 12 tournament.
• The Jayhawks are 12-1 since their loss to Texas on Jan. 22.
• Oklahoma State finished the season 0-4 against the conference's top two teams, Kansas and Texas.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Big 12 Tournament
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||20-50 (.400)||23-64 (.359)|
|3P Made-Attempted||4-13 (.308)||5-25 (.200)|
|FT Made-Attempted||18-21 (.857)||12-21 (.571)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||22 (2/0)||18 (0/0)|