1:00 PM ET, March 11, 2011
Georgia Dome, Atlanta, Georgia
ATLANTA -- Alabama rallied from 14 points down in the final 7 minutes of regulation and pulled it out in overtime, boosting its NCAA hopes with a stunning 65-59 victory over Georgia in the quarterfinals of the Southeastern Conference tournament on Friday.JaMychal Green scored 20 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to lead the Crimson Tide (21-10), which advanced to face the Kentucky-Mississippi winner in the semifinals Saturday and surely improved its position heading into the selection of the 68-team NCAA field.
• In a matchup with bubble implications, Alabama went on a 17-4 run over the final six minutes to force overtime.
• Alabama improved to 2-0 against Georgia this season. Both wins came in the past week.
• Georgia led by nine points at halftime, with Travis Leslie responsible for 13 of the school's first 17 points.
• Georgia failed to score a field goal in the final 3:35 of overtime and missed its final five field goal attempts.
• The Bulldogs were seeking multiple wins in a single SEC tournament for just the second time since 1998.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||22-57 (.386)||21-54 (.389)|
|3P Made-Attempted||3-11 (.273)||5-19 (.263)|
|FT Made-Attempted||12-18 (.667)||18-24 (.750)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||16 (0/0)||18 (0/0)|