4:45 PM ET, March 11, 2011
Sojka Pavilion, Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
LEWISBURG, Pa. -- The ultimate bracket buster is back in the NCAA tournament: Bucknell.Yes, Bucknell -- the team that stunned Kansas six years ago in the first round of the NCAAs.Mike Muscala scored 18 points and the Bison shut down Lafayette in the second half of a 72-57 victory Friday to win the Patriot League championship and the conference's automatic bid.
• Bucknell became just the fifth top seed to win a conference tournament this season.
• The Bison clinched their fifth NCAA tournament appearance and first since 2006.
• Bucknell is the third Patriot League team to win at least three tournament titles, along with Holy Cross and Navy.
• Bucknell has won a game in each of its past two NCAA appearances, beating Kansas in 2005 and Arkansas in 2006.
• Lafayette shot just 35 percent from the field.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
NCAA Tournament Automatic Bids
Teams that have clinched automatic bids to the 2011 men's NCAA tournament:
|Morehead State||Ohio Valley|
|Indiana State||Missouri Valley|
|Arkansas-Little Rock||Sun Belt|
|Northern Colorado||Big Sky|
|Boston University||America East|
|San Diego State||Mountain West|
|UC Santa Barbara||Big West|
|Ohio State||Big Ten|
Patriot League Tournament
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||18-52 (.346)||21-50 (.420)|
|3P Made-Attempted||4-18 (.222)||7-22 (.318)|
|FT Made-Attempted||17-30 (.567)||23-28 (.821)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||22 (0/0)||24 (0/0)|