6:30 PM ET, March 15, 2011
University of Dayton Arena, Dayton, OH
DAYTON, Ohio -- Matt Dickey and the Bulldogs were quite an opening act on the NCAA tournament's expanded stage, one that has more teams in the brackets and -- so far -- the same March drama on the court.Dickey led a late run that brought overtime, and J.P. Primm hit five free throws and had a decisive steal in the closing seconds, sending UNC-Asheville to an 81-77 victory over Arkansas-Little Rock in a dramatic "First Four" opener on Tuesday night.
• J.P. Primm and Matt Dickey led UNC-Asheville with 22 points each.
• Primm's 22 points were the most he's scored in a game since he had 24 against Winthrop on January 6.
• UNC-Asheville improved to 2-1 all-time in the NCAA tournament.
• The Bulldogs have won a season-high seven straight games.
• Arkansas-Little Rock led by as many as 10 in the second half.
• The Trojans have lost four straight tournament games since upsetting Notre Dame in its first ever appearance in 1986.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
NCAA Mens Tournament
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||27-54 (.500)||24-56 (.429)|
|3P Made-Attempted||4-12 (.333)||9-29 (.310)|
|FT Made-Attempted||23-28 (.821)||20-26 (.769)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||25 (0/0)||24 (0/0)|
|» Mar 15, 2011||UNCA 81, @UALR 77||Recap|