10:32 PM ET, March 18, 2011
Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH
Rick Jackson leads No. 3 Syracuse past Indiana State to conclude round of 64
CLEVELAND -- Up later than usual, Syracuse put Indiana State's season to sleep.Defensive stopper Rick Jackson scored a season-high 23 points, C.J. Fair added 14 and the third-seeded Orange began taking care of "unfinished business" in the NCAA tournament with a 77-60 win over Indiana State in a second-round game Friday night that carried into Saturday.
Rapid Reaction: Syracuse-Indiana State
Indiana State played with heart, but Syracuse was just too tall for the Sycamores to deal with, writes Brian Bennett. Rapid reaction
• In the first-ever meeting between the two schools, Rick Jackson scored 23 points and pulled down seven rebounds to lead Syracuse.
• Syracuse improved to 11-1 when seeded No. 3 or higher in its first game of the NCAA tournament under Jim Boeheim. Its lone loss was in 1991 to Richmond.
• The Orange improved to 7-1 over their past eight games. They advance to play Marquette and will attempt to reach the Sweet 16 for the third straight year.
• The loss snapped Indiana State's five-game win streak.
• None of the Sycamores' five starters scored in double figures, as the team was held to 40.7 percent shooting from the field.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
NCAA Mens Tournament
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||22-55 (.400)||23-44 (.523)|
|3P Made-Attempted||7-21 (.333)||7-16 (.438)|
|FT Made-Attempted||9-14 (.643)||24-31 (.774)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||24 (0/0)||16 (0/0)|
|» Mar 18, 2011||@SYR 77, INST 60||Recap|