10:08 PM ET, March 18, 2011
Time Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte, North Carolina
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Washington traveled nearly 3,000 miles to get to its NCAA tournament site.Isaiah Thomas wasn't about to go back to Seattle so soon. Thomas scored 19 points and helped break up a long pass in the final seconds that could have led to a tying 3-pointer. That helped the seventh-seeded Huskies hold off Georgia's late rally and beat the 10th-seeded Bulldogs 68-65 on Friday night in the second round of the East regional.
• Washington has advanced to the round of 32 in each of their past five appearances in the NCAA tournament.
• Georgia has lost in the round of 64 in seven of its past nine tournament appearances.
• Washington has won four straight and nine of its past 12 games overall.
• Isaiah Thomas led the Huskies with 19 points and seven assists.
• The Huskies' bench outscored the Bulldogs' bench 28-0.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Team Stat Comparison
|FG Made-Attempted||23-50 (.460)||26-60 (.433)|
|3P Made-Attempted||5-12 (.417)||4-18 (.222)|
|FT Made-Attempted||14-19 (.737)||12-14 (.857)|
|Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)||13 (0/0)||19 (0/0)|
|» Mar 18, 2011||@WASH 68, UGA 65||Recap|