Texas Tech beats Mount St. Mary's 100-69

LUBBOCK, Texas -- Jaye Crockett and Dejan Kravic each scored 14 points to lead Texas Tech to a 100-69 win over Mount St. Mary's on Monday night.

Kader Tapsoba added 13 points, Jordan Tolbert scored 12 points and Aaron Ross and Toddrick Gotcher added 10 each for the Red Raiders (8-5). Tolbert led Texas Tech with eight rebounds.

Julian Norfleet scored 16 points for the Mountaineers (3-9), while Khalid Nwandu added 15 points and Rashad Whack finished with 11.

Texas Tech secured its first lead of the game (6-5) after a layup by Gotcher with 17:32 left in the first half sparked a decisive run. Gotcher's layup was the beginning of a 21-2 run for the Red Raiders that lasted until Whack sank a 3-pointer with 10:29 left in the first half to make it 25-10.

The difference in the game was the Red Raiders' effort in the paint, where they scored 58 points and held Mount St. Mary's to 24. Five of the six Red Raiders who scored in double digits stand 6-foot-7 or taller, with Gotcher being the lone exception at 6-foot-4.

The Red Raiders went into the half leading 45-20, after limiting The Mount to just 8 of 31 field goals and only 1 of 13, 7.7 percent, from 3-point range -- which is typically a strength for Mount St. Mary's. The Mount improved in the second half to bump its totals up to 39.3 percent from the field and 30.8 percent from beyond the arc.

The Red Raiders shot 63.6 percent from the field and 46.2 percent from 3-point range.

Texas Tech scored 41 points from its bench, led by Tapsoba's 13 and Ross' 10. Dusty Hannahs also added nine. Guard Robert Turner had a relatively quiet performance, but scored nine points and dished out six assists. As a team, the Red Raiders had 20 assists.

Texas Tech took their largest lead of the night, 43 points, on a Crockett slam-dunk with 3:11 left in the game to make it 97-54. Clark Lammert scored the final three points for Tech to push them into triple digits, making a layup with 2:08 left and connecting on the second of two free throws with three seconds to go to make it 100-66 until Nwandu connected on a buzzer beater shot from long range for The Mount.