1:00 PM ET, October 19, 2008
Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, OH
CINCINNATI -- Mewelde Moore describes his job in three words.The running back who signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers to play "in case of" injury to starter Willie Parker had his best performance as a fill-in on Sunday, one that could be summed up in only one word.Indispensable.
• Starting for an injured Willie Parker, Mewelde Moore rushed for 120 yards and two touchdowns. He also added a receiving TD. It's the first multi-TD game of his career and his fifth career 100-yard rushing game (first since 2005).
• Ohio native Ben Roethlisberger improved to 11-0 in his home state as the Steelers won their eighth straight in Cincinnati (including playoffs) and fourth overall vs. the Bengals.
• LaMarr Woodley recorded two of the Steelers seven sacks, giving him 6.5 in the last four games.
• In his first start since Week 12 of 2007, Cedric Benson rushed for 52 yards on 14 carries.
• Cincinnati's offense is now averaging an NFL-worst 225.6 yards per game in 2008.
-- ESPN research
The 38 points matched Pittsburgh's season high. It was the Steelers' most lopsided win since a 38-7 victory over Baltimore last Nov. 5. ... CB Bryant McFadden and S Troy Polamalu got hurt on the same play in the fourth quarter. McFadden suffered an arm injury and was expected to have tests. Polamalu lost his helmet while tackling Benson and was unsteady as he walked off the field. Neither returned. ... Bengals LB Keith Rivers broke his jaw when blocked by WR Hines Ward on the opening drive. The first-round draft pick is expected to miss the rest of the season. ... Cincinnati failed to get a first down on its first four possessions.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||6.5||3.1|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||4-5||1-2|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|TD||10:02||Mewelde Moore, 2 yd pass from Ben Roethlisberger (Jeff Reed kick is good)|
Drive info: 9 plays, 75 yds, 5:04
|FG||0:45||Jeff Reed 21 yd Field Goal|
Drive info: 8 plays, 27 yds, 2:35
|TD||0:42||Chad Johnson, 5 yd pass from Ryan Fitzpatrick (Dave Rayner kick is good)|
Drive info: 14 plays, 92 yds, 4:48
|TD||8:36||Mewelde Moore, 13 yd run (Jeff Reed kick is good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 55 yds, 2:47
|FG||2:42||Dave Rayner 26 yd Field Goal|
Drive info: 12 plays, 49 yds, 5:51
|TD||8:26||Nate Washington, 50 yd pass from Ben Roethlisberger (Jeff Reed kick is good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 91 yds, 2:53
|TD||5:22||Mewelde Moore, 2 yd run (Jeff Reed kick is good)|
Drive info: 3 plays, 52 yds, 1:36
|TD||2:00||Hines Ward, 16 yd pass from Byron Leftwich (Jeff Reed kick is good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 34 yds, 2:56