8:30 PM ET, November 24, 2008
Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, LA
Brees picks apart Packers' defense for four scores; McAllister sets mark
NEW ORLEANS -- After heading out on the road for more than a month, the New Orleans Saints were unstoppable at home.
• The Saints tied a team record with 51 points, the third-highest point output in Monday Night Football history.
• The Saints became the final team that is .500 or better to win consecutive games.
• Lance Moore and Marques Colston each recorded a 70-yard touchdown reception, giving the Saints an NFL-leading five completions of 70 yards or more.
• Moore also threw an interception, becoming the first player since Randy Moss in 2004 to record a receiving touchdown and throw an interception in the same game.
• Aaron Rodgers scored his team-leading fourth rushing touchdown in the losing effort, the most by a Packers QB since Don Majkowski in 1989 (five).
-- ESPN research
Plenty Of Points
Week 12 was the third-highest average scoring week in the NFL since the 1970 merger.
|Week 7 '83||761||14||54.36|
|Week 6 '87||736||14||52.57|
|Week 12 '08||837||16||52.31|
|Week 10 '80||732||14||52.29|
Jeremy Shockey had one of his better games for the Saints with five catches for 57 yards. ... Moore has a touchdown catch in four straight games. ... Green Bay had won 10 of its last 15 road games coming in. ... Reggie Bush was a scratch, missing his fourth game. The Saints are 3-1 without him.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||4.6||7.7|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||4-4||6-7|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|TD||8:42||John Kuhn 1 Yard Run (Mason Crosby Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 7 plays, 37 yds, 3:13
|TD||8:30||Lance Moore 70 Yard Pass From Drew Brees (Garrett Hartley Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 70 yds, 0:22
|TD||4:48||Pierre Thomas 4 Yard Run (Garrett Hartley Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 5 plays, 41 yds, 2:33
|TD||13:47||Greg Jennings 7 Yard Pass From Aaron Rodgers (Mason Crosby Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 12 plays, 72 yds, 6:01
|TD||8:27||Lance Moore 14 Yard Pass From Drew Brees (Garrett Hartley Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 9 plays, 76 yds, 5:24
|TD||1:52||Aaron Rodgers 10 Yard Run (Mason Crosby Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 14 plays, 83 yds, 6:35
|FG||0:06||Garrett Hartley 30 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 6 plays, 20 yds, 1:42
|TD||8:39||Billy Miller 16 Yard Pass From Drew Brees (Garrett Hartley Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 13 plays, 80 yds, 6:26
|TD||7:37||Deuce Mcallister 3 Yard Run (Garrett Hartley Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 2 plays, 3 yds, 0:08
|TD||2:37||Marques Colston 70 Yard Pass From Drew Brees (Garrett Hartley Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 3 plays, 73 yds, 1:28
|TD||11:50||Ruvell Martin 4 Yard Pass From Aaron Rodgers (Aaron Rodgers Pass to Ruvell Martin For Two-Point Conversion is Good)|
Drive info: 15 plays, 86 yds, 5:41
|TD||8:54||Pierre Thomas 31 Yard Run (Deuce Mcallister Run For Two-Point Conversion is No Good)|
Drive info: 5 plays, 42 yds, 2:58