4:15 PM ET, September 13, 2009
U of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, AZ
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The NFC championship banner was freshly hanging from the stadium rafters. The offense that helped Arizona win it was rarely on display.San Francisco's, on the other hand, showed up just enough.
• Shaun Hill's 3-yard touchdown pass to Frank Gore with 7:29 left in the game gave San Francisco its third win in its last nine meetings with Arizona.
• For the first time in seven games, Larry Fitzgerald was held under 100 receiving yards.
• Hill completed 18 of 31 passes for 209 yards and a touchdown and was sacked four times.
• Kurt Warner went 26 for 44 for 288 yards, a touchdown and two interceptions, and he was sacked three times.
• Tim Hightower became the first Cardinals running back with at least 10 receptions and 100 yards in a game since Larry Centers in 1996.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Not In The Cards
Arizona's passing game went more to the running back than to its two star receivers. Tim Hightower, who averaged just two receptions a game in 2008, had 12 in the loss to the 49ers. Playoff heroes Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin caught just eight combined.
The record for catches by a Cardinals running back is 13 by Larry Centers against St. Louis in 1996. ... The two teams opened the season against each other for the fourth straight time. ... San Francisco's Joe Nedney kicked a 50-yard field goal, making him 14 of 30 from 50 or longer in his career.
GLENDALE, AZ - SEPTEMBER 13: General view of the exterior of Universtity of Phoenix Stadium before the NFL game...(Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from Penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||3.4||4.7|
Comp - Att
Yards per pass
Sacks - Yards Lost
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||2-3||1-2|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|FG||05:34||Joe Nedney 37 Yd||3||0|
|FG||01:22||Joe Nedney 50 Yd||6||0|
|FG||14:03||Neil Rackers 44 Yd||6||3|
|TD||02:23||Frank Gore 6 Yd Run (Joe Nedney Kick)||13||3|
|FG||00:00||Neil Rackers 29 Yd||13||6|
|TD||04:11||Larry Fitzgerald 5 Yd Pass From Kurt Warner (Neil Rackers Kick)||13||13|
|FG||14:52||Neil Rackers 43 Yd||13||16|
|TD||07:26||Frank Gore 3 Yd Pass From Shaun Hill (Joe Nedney Kick)||20||16|
- NFL Home
- AFC East
- Buffalo Bills
- Miami Dolphins
- NE Patriots
- New York Jets
- AFC West
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders
- San Diego Chargers
- AFC North
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- AFC South
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tennessee Titans
- NFL Nation
- FA Tracker