1:00 PM ET, September 13, 2009
Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, NC
Delhomme harassed into 5 turnovers as McNabb makes early exit in Eagles' win
Jake Delhomme was booed off the field and the other Carolina QBs were not any better on Sunday against the Eagles. The worst came on the later downs, when Carolina completed 9 of 18 passes -- though four of them went to the Eagles.
|Down||1st down||Other downs|
• Donovan McNabb completed 10-of-18 passes for 79 yards with two touchdowns and an interception before leaving with a rib injury.
• Jake Delhomme was pulled from the game after throwing four interceptions and losing a fumble. Delhomme has four career games with four interceptions, which is tied for the third most among active players.
• The Panthers tied a team record with seven turnovers.
• DeSean Jackson recorded 106 punt return yards, including an 85-yard touchdown, the most by an Eagles' player in Week 1 in the last 50 seasons.
• The Eagles rushed for 185 yards, a mark they reached just twice in 2008.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
A Vick protester outside the stadium more than 2 hours before kickoff had pictures of mistreated dogs taped to his body with a sign that said "Forgive This?" He was given little attention, save for a fan in an Eagles jersey who yelled, "Yeah, Michael Vick!" ... Panthers S Chris Harris (knee) was a late scratch. ... S Quintin Demps left with a hamstring injury. ... The Eagles beat St. Louis 38-3 in Week 1 last year. ... Ex-NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue sat next to Panthers owner Jerry Richardson in his luxury box.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||4.2||2.4|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||2-3||1-3|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||2||0|
|TD||7:02||Deangelo Williams 11 Yard Run (John Kasay Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 13 plays, 70 yds, 8:06
|FG||0:53||David Akers 49 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 4 plays, 1 yds, 1:48
|TD||15:00||Victor Abiamiri 2 Yard Fumble Return (David Akers Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 3 plays, -23 yds, 1:01
|TD||11:14||Desean Jackson 85 Yard Punt Return (David Akers Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 85 yds, 0:00
|TD||10:01||Brent Celek 9 Yard Pass From Donovan Mcnabb (David Akers Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 9 yds, 0:00
|TD||3:22||Brian Westbrook 4 Yard Pass From Donovan Mcnabb (David Akers Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 74 yds, 4:27
|FG||1:45||John Kasay 22 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 8 plays, 56 yds, 1:34
|TD||7:07||Donovan Mcnabb 3 Yard Run (David Akers Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 3 plays, 10 yds, 1:22