4:05 PM ET, September 20, 2009
Candlestick Park, San Francisco, CA
Gore's TD runs of 79 and 80 yards power 49ers to win over Seahawks
SAN FRANCISCO -- Frank Gore kept an eye on the scoreboard as he ran like mad, making sure nobody caught him on the way to the end zone.
• Frank Gore had touchdown runs of 79 and 80 yards. Since 1940, the only other player to have multiple touchdown runs of more than 75 yards was Barry Sanders in 1997.
• Gore finished with 207 yards rushing, the second-highest total in 49ers history. He ran for 212 yards in 2006, also against Seattle.
• Seahawks' quarterback Matt Hasselbeck left with a rib injury after being hit by Patrick Willis. Hasselbeck completed 10-of-18 passes for 97 yards before leaving.
• After gaining 446 total yards in Week 1 against St. Louis, Seattle had 283 total yards in Week 2.
• San Francisco is now 8-2 in their last 10 games dating back to last season.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Gore To Love
San Francisco's Frank Gore had a 79-yard rushing touchdown and an 80-yard rushing touchdown on first down Sunday against the Seahawks. How he fared by down:
|1st Down||Other Downs|
Gore averaged 12.9 yards a carry and the 49ers 8.8. ... Seattle LF Sean Locklear, playing in place of the inactive Walter Jones, injured an ankle in the second quarter and didn't return. ... San Francisco S Dashon Goldson had his first career interception late in the third quarter.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||4.4||6.3|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||1-3||0-1|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|FG||5:43||Joe Nedney 37 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 13 plays, 55 yds, 8:07
|TD||2:48||Frank Gore 79 Yard Run (Joe Nedney Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 79 yds, 0:00
|FG||10:08||Olindo Mare 36 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 10 plays, 52 yds, 4:45
|FG||3:09||Joe Nedney 42 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 5 plays, 18 yds, 2:09
|TD||0:26||Julius Jones 1 Yard Pass From Seneca Wallace (Olindo Mare Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 11 plays, 70 yds, 2:35
|TD||15:00||Frank Gore 80 Yard Run (Joe Nedney Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 80 yds, 0:11
|FG||6:58||Joe Nedney 39 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 16 plays, 67 yds, 9:27