1:00 PM ET, September 20, 2009
FedEx Field, Landover, MD
LANDOVER, Md. -- After the final whistle, after an afternoon with as many boos as cheers from the home fans, the Washington Redskins retreated to a very quiet locker room. Anyone walking in would think they had lost.As tight end Chris Cooley put it: "Everyone was a little down in here."
• The Redskins won scoring fewer than 10 points in a game for the first time since Week 1 of the 2005 season.
• Shaun Swisham accounted for all of Washington's points with three field goals -- all from less than 28 yards.
• The Redskins dominated time of possession, holding the ball for 34:53 after having for the ball for just 23:52 in Week 1.
• The Rams have lost 12 straight games overall and seven straight on the road.
• Steven Jackson recorded his 17th career 100-yard rushing game as he tallied 104 yards in the loss.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Off The Marc In Fourth
The Rams' Marc Bulger was 1-for-6 on passing in the fourth quarter Sunday against the Redskins. He is 6-for-17 on the season in the fourth quarter. Overall, Jason Campbell won the second-half QB battle easily.
Rams C Jason Brown, who was critical of Haynesworth's conditioning during training camp, was contrite after Sunday's game. "I was running off at the mouth," Brown said. "I apologized and asked him for forgiveness after the game." Brown also left the game in the first quarter with a right MCL injury, but he returned in the second quarter. ... Bulger (1,861) passed Jim Everett (1,847) to become the Rams' all-time leader in pass completions.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||4.9||5.2|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||1-2||0-5|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|FG||5:01||Shaun Suisham 21 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 13 plays, 83 yds, 6:19
|FG||8:02||Shaun Suisham 28 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 13 plays, 64 yds, 5:57
|TD||4:00||Laurent Robinson 2 Yard Pass From Marc Bulger (Josh Brown Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 84 yds, 4:02
|FG||6:32||Shaun Suisham 23 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 14 plays, 74 yds, 7:28