1:00 PM ET, September 27, 2009
Mall of America Field, Minneapolis, MN
MINNEAPOLIS -- The finish was just about as good as the Vikings could have imagined: Brett Favre zipped a pass to a little-used reserve wide receiver in the back of the end zone in the final seconds for a classic Favre finish.
• Brett Favre's 40th game-winning drive, come-from-behind win of his career culminated with a 32-yard TD pass to Greg Lewis in the back of the end zone with 2 seconds to play as the Vikings improved to 3-0 for the first time since a 6-0 start in 2003.
• Favre finished with 301 passing yards, the 56th 300-yard game of his career and first by a Vikings QB since Daunte Culpepper in 2005.
• Vikings rookie Percy Harvin had a 101-yard kickoff return, the third straight game he has scored a touchdown.
• The 49ers played most of the game without Frank Gore, who left the game with a right ankle injury after just one carry.
• The 49ers' Vernon Davis had a career-high 96 receiving yards and caught two touchdown passes for the first time in his career.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Brett Favre's 32 yard touchdown pass completed the 40th game-winning drive of his career in the fourth quarter or overtime.
Favre's last 300-yard game was on Nov. 22, 2007, a 381-yard performance at Detroit. ... Minnesota's Darius Reynaud was hurt, apparently his left hamstring, while returning a punt in the third quarter. ... Glen Coffee filled in for Gore and had 54 yards on 24 carries. ... The Vikings gave up another special teams TD: Clements picked up a blocked field goal right before the half and returned it 59 yards. Harvin answered in the third quarter with a 101-yard kickoff return for a score.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||4.7||5.0|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||2-3||0-1|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||1||1|
|TD||8:43||Sidney Rice 30 Yard Pass From Brett Favre (Ryan Longwell Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 88 yds, 2:36
|FG||13:13||Ryan Longwell 40 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 7 plays, 12 yds, 1:51
|TD||9:31||Vernon Davis 5 Yard Pass From Shaun Hill (Joe Nedney Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 7 plays, 57 yds, 3:43
|FG||3:27||Ryan Longwell 52 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 7 plays, 39 yds, 2:53
|TD||0:06||Nate Clements 59 Yard Return of Blocked Field Goal (Joe Nedney Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 11 plays, 54 yds, 1:53
|FG||4:51||Joe Nedney 37 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 8 plays, 42 yds, 4:37
|TD||4:47||Percy Harvin 101 Yard Kickoff Return (Ryan Longwell Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 101 yds, 0:00
|TD||8:17||Vernon Davis 20 Yard Pass From Shaun Hill (Joe Nedney Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 80 yds, 4:37
|TD||0:12||Greg Lewis 32 Yard Pass From Brett Favre (Ryan Longwell Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 80 yds, 1:27