1:00 PM ET, September 27, 2009
Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Tom Brady found a running mate and the Patriots finally got some balance in their inconsistent offense.Fred Taylor ran for 105 yards and one touchdown and Brady was content to hand off rather than throw the ball 50 times, his average for his first two games.
• The Patriots held the ball for nearly 40 minutes (39:49) as they won their 16th straight game against NFC teams.
• Fred Taylor rushed for 105 yards and a TD, his first 100-yard game since Week 3 of last season. He has three 100-yard rushing games in four career games against the Falcons.
• Tom Brady threw for his 200th career touchdown, becoming the 27th player in NFL history with at least that many TDs.
• Matt Ryan, who played his college football at Boston College, finished with 199 passing yards.
• Randy Moss had 10 catches and 116 yards, his 61st career game with 100 receiving yards.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Randy Moss caught 10 passes for 116 yards. His 61 games with at least 100 yards receiving are second most in NFL history to Jerry Rice's 76. ... The Falcons converted just 2 of 9 third-down plays. The Patriots went 8-for-18 on third downs and 3-for-3 on fourth downs. ... Michael Jenkins led Atlanta with 8 catches for 78 yards.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||5.7||5.5|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||1-2||1-5|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|FG||9:26||Jason Elam 26 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 12 plays, 72 yds, 5:39
|FG||0:46||Stephen Gostkowski 21 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 15 plays, 81 yds, 8:39
|TD||11:45||Fred Taylor 8 Yard Run (Stephen Gostkowski Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 51 yds, 2:29
|TD||8:48||Michael Turner 2 Yard Run (Jason Elam Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 8 plays, 59 yds, 2:58
|FG||0:25||Stephen Gostkowski 33 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 12 plays, 58 yds, 3:36
|FG||9:04||Stephen Gostkowski 22 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 13 plays, 79 yds, 5:59
|FG||15:00||Stephen Gostkowski 33 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 16 plays, 70 yds, 6:59
|TD||7:55||Chris Baker 36 Yard Pass From Tom Brady (Stephen Gostkowski Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 72 yds, 3:08