1:00 PM ET, October 4, 2009
FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, OH
CLEVELAND -- Marvin Lewis wanted to play it safe. The Cincinnati Bengals wanted more."We came here to play for a win," Carson Palmer said. "Nothing else."
• Shayne Graham made a 31-yard field goal in the closing seconds of overtime to give the Bengals their third win of the season.
• Carson Palmer ran for a 15-yard first down on fourth-and-11 with a little more than a minute to go. It tied the longest run of his career.
• Chad Ochocinco had three catches, but two were for touchdowns -- his 12th career game with more than one TD catch and third against the Browns.
• For Cleveland, Steve Heiden caught a 1-yard TD pass from Derek Anderson with 1:33 left in the second quarter. It was the Browns' first offensive TD since their final possession of Week 1.
• The Browns dropped to 0-4 for the first time since 1999, when they finished 2-14. The Bengals were last 3-1 in 2006, when they finished 8-8. The Bengals have now won 8 of their last 10 meetings with the Browns.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Coming Out Party
Rookie WR Mohamed Massaquoi had a career day, catching eight passes after catching just two in his first three games. Veteran Braylon Edwards, on the other hand, failed to catch a pass for the first time this season.
|Massaquoi||Rest of Browns|
-- ESPN Stats and Information
Browns WR Mike Furrey played both ways, including safety in certain defensive packages. ... Edwards did not have a reception for the first time in 62 career games. ... The Bengals narrowly avoided their second tie in two seasons. They played Philadelphia to a 13-13 draw on Nov. 16. ... Rogers has 13 career blocked field goals and two blocked PATs.
CLEVELAND - OCTOBER 04: Cleveland Browns Stadium is seen prior to the Cleveland Browns game against the...(Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from Penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||4.9||4.8|
Comp - Att
Yards per pass
Sacks - Yards Lost
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||2-4||2-5|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||1||0|
|TD||00:35||Chad Ochocinco 5 Yd Pass From Carson Palmer (Shayne Graham Kick)||7||0|
|TD||14:10||Robert Geathers 75 Yd Fumble Return (Shayne Graham Kick)||14||0|
|TD||01:26||Steve Heiden 1 Yd Pass From Derek Anderson (Billy Cundiff Kick)||14||7|
|TD||01:37||Derek Anderson 1 Yd Run (Billy Cundiff Kick)||14||14|
|FG||14:58||Billy Cundiff 26 Yd||14||17|
|FG||06:34||Billy Cundiff 31 Yd||14||20|
|TD||01:55||Chad Ochocinco 2 Yd Pass From Carson Palmer (Pat Blocked)||20||20|
|FG||00:04||Shayne Graham 31 Yd||23||20|
- NFL Home
- AFC East
- Buffalo Bills
- Miami Dolphins
- NE Patriots
- New York Jets
- AFC West
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders
- San Diego Chargers
- AFC North
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- AFC South
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tennessee Titans
- NFL Nation
- Free-Agent Tracker