4:15 PM ET, October 11, 2009
Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver, CO
Orton orchestrates game-tying drive as Broncos finish off Patriots in OT
More from ESPN.com
It was an extraordinary win, against an extraordinary coach and an extraordinary quarterback who are partly, if not largely, responsible for Josh McDaniels getting the Broncos gig, writes Gene Wojciechowski. Story
Kyle Orton and the Broncos are showing anything is possible -- even Joe Montana and John Elway comparisons, writes Bill Williamson. Blog
• The Broncos completed their fourth come-from behind victory to improve to 5-0 this season. This is their first 5-0 start since the 1998 season.
• With the loss, Bill Belichick fell to 8-7 against his former assistants.
• Tom Brady is now 1-5 as a starter against the Broncos for his career. Denver is the only team he does not have a winning record against.
• Kyle Orton improved to 26-12 as a starter and threw 330 yards in the game. This was the second 300-yard passing game of his career.
• Randy Moss had one reception. It was the 12th time in his career that Moss had one catch or less in a game. His teams are 4-8 when that occurs.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Orton Faces Heat
Denver QB Kyle Orton showed he could handle New England's pressure, looking more successful with five or more pass rushers coming at him.
|4 or less||5 or more|
-- ESPN Stats and Information
Orton's interception was his first in 173 attempts, dating back to when he played for the Bears. ... Patriots OT Matt Light went out in the fourth quarter with an injured right knee and the team offered no update after the game. ... Pats K Stephen Gostkowski made a career-long 53-yard field goal, then missed a 40-yarder to snap a string of 12 straight successful FGs.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||5.0||5.7|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||2-2||2-3|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|TD||6:51||Wes Welker 8 Yard Pass From Tom Brady (Stephen Gostkowski Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 7 plays, 62 yds, 4:16
|FG||3:56||Stephen Gostkowski 53 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 5 plays, 8 yds, 1:27
|TD||4:36||Brandon Marshall 11 Yard Pass From Kyle Orton (Matt Prater Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 90 yds, 5:03
|TD||0:09||Benjamin Watson 7 Yard Pass From Tom Brady (Stephen Gostkowski Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 74 yds, 4:26
|FG||7:25||Matt Prater 24 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 12 plays, 66 yds, 6:32
|TD||5:27||Brandon Marshall 11 Yard Pass From Kyle Orton (Matt Prater Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 12 plays, 98 yds, 4:38
|FG||10:15||Matt Prater 41 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 11 plays, 58 yds, 4:51