4:05 PM ET, October 11, 2009
Candlestick Park, San Francisco, CA
Falcons flatten 49ers with six touchdowns to end Niners' home win streak
SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco 49ers' leader knows he lost his cool.Mike Singletary became so frustrated with his team's poor play he couldn't help himself but to verbally respond to former 49er Harvey Dahl when the offensive lineman engaged the coach near the San Francisco sideline with Atlanta driving downfield again.
• Roddy White shattered the franchise record with 210 receiving yards as the Falcons blew out the 49ers.
• Matt Ryan completed 22-of-32 passes for 329 yards and two touchdowns, both to White. Ryan also rushed for a touchdown in the fourth quarter.
• Michael Turner ran for 97 yards and three scores as the Falcons scored their most points since Week 12 of last season.
• Shaun Hill completed less than half his passes and threw a pick as the 49ers fell to 3-2 on the season.
• The 49ers' defense allowed five plays of 20 yards or more after having allowed 11 all season.
• The Falcons improved to 3-1 for the first time since 2006.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Falcons Fake To Win
Matt Ryan and the Falcons took advantage of the play-action fake to storm past the 49ers.
-- ESPN Stats and Information
49ers RT Adam Snyder bruised his left thigh, DT Ray McDonald sprained his left ankle, CB Tarrell Brown strained his right groin and Coffee bruised his left leg. ... Atlanta has won the last three meetings, including following its bye week in 2007.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||6.6||4.8|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||4-5||1-2|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|TD||11:15||Michael Turner 7 Yard Run (Jason Elam Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 4 plays, 21 yds, 1:22
|TD||6:39||Roddy White 31 Yard Pass From Matt Ryan (Jason Elam Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 7 plays, 66 yds, 3:05
|TD||4:23||Glen Coffee 2 Yard Run (Joe Nedney Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 7 plays, 78 yds, 2:23
|FG||11:11||Joe Nedney 39 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 9 plays, 41 yds, 3:46
|TD||7:13||Roddy White 90 Yard Pass From Matt Ryan (Jason Elam Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 3 plays, 96 yds, 1:23
|TD||5:44||Michael Turner 3 Yard Run (Jason Elam Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 3 plays, 38 yds, 1:11
|TD||1:21||Michael Turner 1 Yard Run (Jason Elam Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 54 yds, 3:32
|FG||5:59||Jason Elam 40 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 7 plays, 22 yds, 3:41
|TD||8:27||Matt Ryan 1 Yard Run (Jason Elam Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 13 plays, 76 yds, 8:34