4:05 PM ET, October 25, 2009
O.co Coliseum, Oakland, CA
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Mark Sanchez had to apologize for his sideline demeanor again. This time, he was hot-dogging it. Literally.Sanchez shook off the worst start of his young career by running for one touchdown and throwing for another, before taking time to munch on a snack in the closing minutes of a 38-0 victory over the Oakland Raiders on Sunday.
Jets Up The Middle
The Jets had two running backs -- Thomas Jones and Shone Greene -- go over 100 yards against the Raiders and they found most of their success right through the middle of the defense.
-- ESPN Stats and Information
• The Jets snapped a three-game losing streak with the largest regular-season shutout win in team history.
• This is the fourth time in Jets franchise history that two players have rushed for over 120 yards (Shonn Greene and Thomas Jones), and the first Jets pair since John Riggins and Carl Garrett in 1975.
• The Jets got their first shutout since 2003 and their first road shutout since 2001.
• JaMarcus Russell had three turnovers that led to 14 Jets points before he was benched.
• The 38-0 loss is the third-worst shutout loss in the Raiders' history.
• This is the 15th game in the last four seasons that the Raiders did not score a touchdown.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
The Jets had lost all four of their games on the West Coast last season, including an overtime defeat in Oakland. ... The last team to run for at least 300 yards in back-to-back weeks was Buffalo in 1975.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||6.3||5.1|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||3-4||0-1|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|TD||13:06||Thomas Jones 1 Yard Run (Jay Feely Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 4 plays, 4 yds, 1:54
|TD||4:24||Mark Sanchez 3 Yard Run (Jay Feely Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 2 plays, 4 yds, 0:40
|TD||5:56||Shonn Greene 8 Yard Run (Jay Feely Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 93 yds, 5:31
|FG||0:07||Jay Feely 39 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 12 plays, 76 yds, 5:12
|TD||5:35||David Clowney 35 Yard Pass From Mark Sanchez (Jay Feely Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 5 plays, 66 yds, 1:58
|TD||6:39||Shonn Greene 33 Yard Run (Jay Feely Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 7 plays, 79 yds, 4:27