1:00 PM ET, October 25, 2009
Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA
Steelers return fumble, interception for touchdowns to hand Vikings first loss
More from ESPN.com
The defending Super Bowl champions did more than help an offense that for much of the game failed to take advantage of field position, writes Len Pasquarelli. Story
Minnesota played better in its loss Sunday at Pittsburgh than it did last week in a victory last week over Baltimore, writes Kevin Seifert. Blog
Favre's Big Mistakes
Vikings QB Brett Favre was a much better passer than Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger in the second half in all but one category -- turnovers.
|Opp pts off TO||14||0|
-- ESPN Stats and Information
• A pair of fourth quarter defensive touchdowns led the Steelers over the Vikings, who lost for the first time this season.
• Lamarr Woodley returned a Brett Favre fumble 77 yards and Keyaron Fox ran back an interception 82 yards, both for scores.
• The Steelers have won 10 straight at home since last season, including the playoffs.
• Favre threw for 334 yards, his most in a game without a touchdown pass. It was also Favre's most passing yards in a loss since 2006.
• Sidney Rice had 11 catches for 136 yards and has 312 receiving yards in his last two games.
• The Vikings lost for the first time this season and were unable to eclipse their 6-0 start from 2003. The loss also ended the Vikings' six-game road win streak.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Steelers DE Travis Kirschke (calf) and LB Lawrence Timmons (ankle) left with injuries during the frantic fourth quarter, after Vikings WR Bernard Berrian (left leg) was pulled. ... Minnesota had only four turnovers in its first six games. ... Pittsburgh hasn't allowed a 100-yard rusher in its last 25 regular-season games.
PITTSBURGH - OCTOBER 25: Adrian Peterson #28 of the Minnesota Vikings runs past Lawrence Timmons #94 of the...(Photo by Rick Stewart/Getty Images)
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from Penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||5.0||5.3|
Comp - Att
Yards per pass
Sacks - Yards Lost
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||1-5||0-3|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||1||2|
|FG||00:04||Jeff Reed 39 Yd||0||3|
|TD||05:12||Adrian Peterson 2 Yd Run (Ryan Longwell Kick)||7||3|
|TD||00:24||Mike Wallace 40 Yd Pass From Ben Roethlisberger (Jeff Reed Kick)||7||10|
|FG||11:05||Jeff Reed 27 Yd||7||13|
|FG||04:44||Ryan Longwell 18 Yd||10||13|
|TD||06:23||LaMarr Woodley 77 Yd Fumble Return (Jeff Reed Kick)||10||20|
|TD||06:09||Percy Harvin 88 Yd Kickoff Return (Ryan Longwell Kick)||17||20|
|TD||01:00||Keyaron Fox 82 Yd Interception Return (Jeff Reed Kick)||17||27|
- NFL Home
- AFC East
- Buffalo Bills
- Miami Dolphins
- NE Patriots
- New York Jets
- AFC West
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders
- San Diego Chargers
- AFC North
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- AFC South
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tennessee Titans
- NFL Nation