1:00 PM ET, October 25, 2009
Wembley Stadium, London, ENG
WEMBLEY, England -- It took a trip across the Atlantic for Tom Brady and the New England Patriots to get their first road victory of the season. For the winless Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the change of scenery produced yet another loss.
More on the Patriots
Mike Reiss and Chris Forsberg have the Patriots blanketed for ESPNBoston.com. Check in with their constantly updated coverage. Blog
Tom Brady was most effective when he was in the shotgun, throwing for three touchdowns and averaging 11.2 yards per attempt. He has 12 touchdowns and one interception this season out of the shotgun.
-- ESPN Stats and Information
• The Patriots won in blowout fashion for the second straight week, having won their last two games by a combined score of 94-7.
• Tom Brady surpassed 300 yards in consecutive games for the first time since 2007.
• Dating back to 2005, the Patriots have won 17 straight regular-season games against NFC opponents.
• Tampa Bay is 0-7 for the first time since starting 0-9 in 1985. The Bucs have lost 11 straight games dating back to last season, their longest losing streak since losing the first 26 games in franchise history in 1976 and 1977.
• Josh Johnson was just 9 for 26 passing before getting pulled. Starting quarterbacks are 11-for-38 against New England over the last two weeks.
• This was the third regular-season NFL game at London's Wembley Stadium.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
The pregame festivities had a local flavor, with a performance by Scottish rock singer Calvin Harris. Welsh opera star Katherine Jenkins sang "God Save the Queen" and Grammy winner Toni Braxton performed "The Star-Spangled Banner." ... Former middleweight boxing champion Joe Calzaghe served as honorary captain of the Bucs..... The Pats had only three active running backs Sunday, with Sammy Morris and Fred Taylor both ruled out with injuries.
LONDON, ENGLAND - OCTOBER 25: Fans make their way to the stadium prior to the NFL International Series match...(Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from Penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||6.8||4.1|
Comp - Att
Yards per pass
Sacks - Yards Lost
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||2-4||0-0|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||1||0|
|TD||12:26||Brandon Meriweather 39 Yd Interception Return (Stephen Gostkowski Kick)||7||0|
|TD||02:16||Wes Welker 14 Yd Pass From Tom Brady (Stephen Gostkowski Kick)||14||0|
|TD||11:18||Sam Aiken 54 Yd Pass From Tom Brady (Stephen Gostkowski Kick)||21||0|
|TD||01:14||Antonio Bryant 33 Yd Pass From Josh Johnson (Shane Andrus Kick)||21||7|
|TD||09:13||Benjamin Watson 35 Yd Pass From Tom Brady (Stephen Gostkowski Kick)||28||7|
|TD||09:25||Laurence Maroney 1 Yd Run (Stephen Gostkowski Kick)||35||7|
- NFL Home
- AFC East
- Buffalo Bills
- Miami Dolphins
- NE Patriots
- New York Jets
- AFC West
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders
- San Diego Chargers
- AFC North
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- AFC South
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tennessee Titans
- NFL Nation