1:00 PM ET, October 25, 2009
Wembley Stadium, London
WEMBLEY, England -- It took a trip across the Atlantic for Tom Brady and the New England Patriots to get their first road victory of the season. For the winless Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the change of scenery produced yet another loss.
More on the Patriots
Mike Reiss and Chris Forsberg have the Patriots blanketed for ESPNBoston.com. Check in with their constantly updated coverage. Blog
Tom Brady was most effective when he was in the shotgun, throwing for three touchdowns and averaging 11.2 yards per attempt. He has 12 touchdowns and one interception this season out of the shotgun.
-- ESPN Stats and Information
• The Patriots won in blowout fashion for the second straight week, having won their last two games by a combined score of 94-7.
• Tom Brady surpassed 300 yards in consecutive games for the first time since 2007.
• Dating back to 2005, the Patriots have won 17 straight regular-season games against NFC opponents.
• Tampa Bay is 0-7 for the first time since starting 0-9 in 1985. The Bucs have lost 11 straight games dating back to last season, their longest losing streak since losing the first 26 games in franchise history in 1976 and 1977.
• Josh Johnson was just 9 for 26 passing before getting pulled. Starting quarterbacks are 11-for-38 against New England over the last two weeks.
• This was the third regular-season NFL game at London's Wembley Stadium.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
The pregame festivities had a local flavor, with a performance by Scottish rock singer Calvin Harris. Welsh opera star Katherine Jenkins sang "God Save the Queen" and Grammy winner Toni Braxton performed "The Star-Spangled Banner." ... Former middleweight boxing champion Joe Calzaghe served as honorary captain of the Bucs..... The Pats had only three active running backs Sunday, with Sammy Morris and Fred Taylor both ruled out with injuries.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||6.8||4.1|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||1-4||0-0|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||1||0|
|TD||12:38||Brandon Meriweather 39 Yard Interception Return (Stephen Gostkowski Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 5 plays, 17 yds, 2:34
|TD||2:27||Wes Welker 14 Yard Pass From Tom Brady (Stephen Gostkowski Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 2 plays, 0 yds, 0:56
|TD||11:34||Sam Aiken 54 Yard Pass From Tom Brady (Stephen Gostkowski Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 3 plays, 54 yds, 0:58
|TD||1:21||Antonio Bryant 33 Yard Pass From Josh Johnson (Shane Andrus Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 67 yds, 1:52
|TD||9:19||Benjamin Watson 35 Yard Pass From Tom Brady (Stephen Gostkowski Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 73 yds, 5:47
|TD||9:28||Laurence Maroney 1 Yard Run (Stephen Gostkowski Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 89 yds, 6:03