1:00 PM ET, November 1, 2009
Ralph Wilson Stadium, Buffalo, NY
Moats' 3 TDs lift Texans after another Slaton fumble as sadsack offense fails Bills
Moats crosses Bills' castle
Ryan Moats filled in for the benched Steve Slaton and had the best game of his career. Moats ran the ball right through the middle of the Bills defense.
-- ESPN Stats and Information
• The Texans' 5-3 record is their best in franchise history through eight games.
• The Bills allowed more points than they had in their previous three games combined (28).
• Terrell Owens found the end zone for just the second time as a Bill and tallied his first rushing TD since 2002 with the 49ers.
• Ryan Moats set career highs with 126 rushing yards and three rushing TDs.
• Moats had only one career 100-yard rushing game before Sunday (it came in 2005 with the Eagles) and entered with just four career TDs.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Bills DE Aaron Schobel did not return after hurting his groin, while RT Jamon Meredith did not return after spraining his right knee. Both were hurt in the first half. ... Schaub went 25-of-34 for 268 yards and two interceptions in helping the Texans gain 439 yards. It was the fourth 400-yard game for the Texans this season to match a franchise best set last year. ... Byrd, who left the game after hurting his groin late in the fourth quarter, has interceptions in four straight games to give him seven on the season.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||5.8||4.5|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||3-5||0-1|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|TD||2:40||Terrell Owens 29 Yard Run (Rian Lindell Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 29 yds, 0:00
|FG||14:53||Kris Brown 42 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 8 plays, 50 yds, 2:42
|FG||2:21||Kris Brown 22 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 14 plays, 86 yds, 8:19
|FG||0:21||Rian Lindell 21 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 8 plays, 31 yds, 2:00
|FG||7:08||Kris Brown 26 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 12 plays, 72 yds, 6:13
|TD||14:22||Ryan Moats 11 Yard Run (Matt Schaub Pass to Andre Johnson For Two-Point Conversion is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 72 yds, 5:56
|TD||9:53||Ryan Moats 1 Yard Run (Kris Brown Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 37 yds, 2:29
|TD||3:39||Ryan Moats 3 Yard Run (Kris Brown Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 66 yds, 5:25