1:00 PM ET, November 8, 2009
Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN
Brown pushes FG left with time expiring as Colts edge Texans, stay perfect
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Colts have no problems with close games -- as long as they keep winning them.Peyton Manning delivered another milestone performance, Joseph Addai produced a second straight winning score, and the Colts found another unconventional way to win when Houston's Kris Brown missed a 42-yard field goal as time expired, keeping Indy's winning streak intact 20-17.
Kuharsky: Challenging Win
He may be a rookie, but head coach Jim Caldwell made a veteran call Sunday against the Texans that changed the game for the Colts, writes Paul Kuharsky. Blog
Peyton Manning's 2009 season is quickly becoming historic. In the history of the NFL, no one had more 300-yard passing games through their teams first eight games than Manning has this year.
• The Colts won their 17th straight, which is tied for the third-longest win streak in NFL history.
• Peyton Manning attempted 40 passes in the first half (10 in the second) to become the first QB since Rich Gannon in 2002 to throw at least 40 passes in the first half.
• Matt Schaub threw for 300-plus yards for the 10th time in his career, however his teams are 5-5 in those contests.
• Andre Johnson caught 10 passes for 103 yards. It was his ninth game with at least 10 receptions and 100 yards since 2008 (most in NFL).
• The Colts extended their win streak at home to 10 straight and have won 14 of 15 all-time games against the Texans.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Manning threw 25 passes in the first quarter, the most in an opening quarter since 1991. Manning also had the previous high mark (22) in 2004 against Green Bay. ... Dwight Freeney extended his streak of consecutive games with a sack to nine, breaking Robert Mathis' franchise record. The NFL record is 10. ... Mario Williams' late sack of Manning marked the first time this season Manning went down in the fourth quarter.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||5.4||5.3|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||2-3||2-4|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|TD||6:26||Joseph Addai 7 Yard Pass From Peyton Manning (Matt Stover Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 12 plays, 79 yds, 4:39
|FG||4:02||Matt Stover 22 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 6 plays, 41 yds, 2:07
|FG||12:55||Matt Stover 37 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 10 plays, 61 yds, 3:51
|FG||0:02||Kris Brown 56 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 5 plays, 12 yds, 0:56
|TD||8:36||Ryan Moats 1 Yard Pass From Matt Schaub (Kris Brown Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 12 plays, 86 yds, 6:29
|TD||15:00||Steve Slaton 1 Yard Run (Kris Brown Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 12 plays, 84 yds, 6:41
|TD||7:16||Joseph Addai 2 Yard Run (Matt Stover Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 8 plays, 61 yds, 3:49