8:20 PM ET, November 12, 2009
Candlestick Park, San Francisco, CA
Cutler picked off in end zone as time expires giving 49ers win over Bears
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco's defenders figure the short week worked to their advantage: Jay Cutler couldn't change much in four days, and the 49ers knew what to expect from Chicago's quarterback.
Burned In Red Zone
Jay Cutler threw two interceptions in the red zone Thursday night, continuing his pattern of faltering near the end zone.
• Jay Cutler set a career high with five interceptions, the last coming in the end zone on the game's final play. Cutler is the first Bear to have at least four INTs in a game twice in a season since Billy Wade in 1962.
• This was Cutler's fourth game with three or more interceptions over the last two seasons, tied with Jake Delhomme for the most in the NFL.
• Alex Smith completed 16-of-23 passes for 118 yards with one interception in the win.
• Frank Gore rushed 25 times for 104 yards. It's his 17th career 100-yard rushing game, the second most in 49ers history behind Joe Perry (20).
• The Bears have lost four of their last five games.
• The 49ers snapped a four-game losing streak.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
The Bears lost TE Desmond Clark to a neck injury and CB Zackary Bowman to an abdominal injury. ... Niners LB Takeo Spikes left the game in the second quarter with a strained left hamstring and didn't return.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||4.8||4.1|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||0-2||1-3|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|TD||2:07||Frank Gore 14 Yard Run (Joe Nedney Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 14 yds, 0:00
|FG||0:06||Robbie Gould 50 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 10 plays, 51 yds, 2:01
|FG||7:32||Robbie Gould 38 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 5 plays, 34 yds, 2:02
|FG||10:15||Joe Nedney 21 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 7 plays, 41 yds, 3:08