4:05 PM ET, November 29, 2009
Candlestick Park, San Francisco, CA
SAN FRANCISCO -- Alex Smith threw crisp passes all afternoon. San Francisco's defense got to the quarterback and forced fumbles. The 49ers finally produced the kind of mistake-free performance on both sides of the ball coach Mike Singletary has been waiting to see from his team.
• The 49ers have won two of their last three games and two straight at home. San Francisco's defense has allowed nine points in its last two home games.
• Alex Smith passed for 232 yards, two TDs and no interceptions. Smith has five touchdown passes and one interception in his last two games.
• Frank Gore and Vernon Davis caught touchdown passes. Davis has a TD reception in back-to-back games and a career-high nine TDs this season.
• David Garrard passed for his fifth career 300-yard game, but was sacked six times and lost two fumbles. Garrard has lost eight fumbles this season, the most in the NFL.
• Maurice Jones-Drew led all rushers with 75 yards but was held under 100 yards for the second straight game.
• The Jaguars fell to 6-5 and have been outscored 61-3 in games on the West Coast this season.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Jones-Drew, who expected several hundred fans in the stands at Candlestick Park to support him, was held below 100 yards for the second straight game. He ran for 66 yards in a win over Buffalo last Sunday. "It's real tough," he said. "I hadn't seen these people in so long, and to come out here and really not do anything, it's frustrating." ... Gore ran for 33 of San Francisco's 52 yards on the ground.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||5.9||4.7|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||0-4||2-3|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|FG||10:07||Joe Nedney 46 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 10 plays, 51 yds, 4:57
|TD||9:02||Vernon Davis 3 Yard Pass From Alex Smith (Joe Nedney Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 70 yds, 4:50
|TD||1:00||Frank Gore 4 Yard Pass From Alex Smith (Joe Nedney Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 9 plays, 59 yds, 3:06
|FG||0:04||Josh Scobee 32 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 5 plays, 58 yds, 0:52
|FG||7:29||Joe Nedney 27 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 10 plays, 64 yds, 4:53