8:20 PM ET, November 29, 2009
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD
Ravens intercept Steelers' third-string QB Dixon in overtime to claim victory
BALTIMORE -- In a fierce rivalry that has featured several of the most notable NFL players over the past 10 years, a couple of backups made their mark in memorable fashion.Add third-string quarterback Dennis Dixon to a list of notable Pittsburgh Steelers that includes Hines Ward, Ben Roethlisberger, Plaxico Burress and Troy Polamalu.
Running Over Rival
Ray Rice had his third game of the season with more than 150 total yards to rally Baltimore past Pittsburgh in OT.
|Qadry Ismail||1999||258||W, 31-24|
|Derrick Alexander||1996||198||W, 31-17|
|Ray Rice||2009||155||W, 20-17|
|Priest Holmes||2000||151||W, 16-0|
Walker: Season on brink
Clearly peeved, Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin promised to "unleash hell" on the rest of the NFL in the month of December.
• Billy Cundiff's 29-yard field goal with 6:42 left in overtime ended the Steelers' streak of 12 straight wins in night games. Cundiff missed a 56-yarder that would have won the game in regulation.
• Paul Kruger's first career interception set up the game-winning score.
• In his first NFL start, Dennis Dixon finished 12 for 26 with 145 yards, one TD, a rushing TD and one interception. Dixon had thrown just one pass in his NFL career coming into the game.
• Joe Flacco finished 23 for 35 with 289 yards and one TD.
• The Steelers have lost three straight for the first time since 2006. Four of their five losses this season were when they had leads in the fourth quarter and their last two losses came in overtime on the road.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Baltimore has won six of seven over Pittsburgh in Baltimore. ... Ravens LB Prescott Burgess (hamstring) and RB Le'Ron McClain (abdominal muscle) left the game and did not return. ... Dixon's TD run was the third by a Steelers QB this year.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||4.7||5.7|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||0-0||2-4|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|TD||8:19||Willis Mcgahee 2 Yard Run (Billy Cundiff Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 9 plays, 73 yds, 5:00
|TD||14:21||Santonio Holmes 33 Yard Pass From Dennis Dixon (Jeff Reed Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 7 plays, 74 yds, 3:37
|TD||1:50||Derrick Mason 10 Yard Pass From Joe Flacco (Billy Cundiff Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 89 yds, 2:26
|FG||9:13||Jeff Reed 44 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 5 plays, 24 yds, 1:40
|TD||6:32||Dennis Dixon 24 Yard Run (Jeff Reed Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 7 plays, 54 yds, 5:09
|FG||1:56||Billy Cundiff 24 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 10 plays, 84 yds, 4:33
|FG||7:25||Billy Cundiff 29 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 6 plays, 17 yds, 3:23