4:05 PM ET, December 13, 2009
LP Field, Nashville, TN
Titans easily put away Rams with Young sidelined by injury most of game
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Tennessee Titans aren't giving up on their slim playoff hopes, not without a fight.Chris Johnson ran for 117 yards and two touchdowns and also took a short pass 66 yards for another score and the Tennessee Titans stayed alive by routing the woeful St. Louis Rams 47-7 Sunday. The Titans (6-7) must win out and get plenty of help after their 0-6 start, but they are focusing on what they control.
• The Titans won for the sixth time in their last seven games. It was the most points scored by the Titans' offense this season and the fewest points allowed by the Titans' defense this season.
• Kerry Collins took over for Vince Young who left the game in the second quarter after straining his right hamstring. Collins finished 11 for 19 with 154 yards and a touchdown.
• Chris Johnson ran for 117 yards and two touchdowns while also catching three passes for 69 yards and a touchdown. It was his eighth consecutive 100-yard game, which broke the franchise record for most consecutive 100-yard games.
• Johnson now has 2,017 yards from scrimmage this season, passing Earl Campbell's franchise record of 1,981 yards in 1980.
• The Rams have lost five straight games and 11 straight games against the AFC.
• In his first career start, Keith Null went 27 for 43 with 157 yards, a touchdown and five interceptions.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
The Titans matched the most points scored since a 47-10 win at Detroit on Thanksgiving 2008. ... Fuller's interception return was the fourth of his career for a TD. ... Collins' TD went to Alge Crumpler, the tight end's first touchdown since Oct. 5, 2008, at Baltimore. ... The Titans have won eight straight over NFC opponents. ... Titans LB David Thornton hurt a shoulder and did not return. ... This is the seventh time this season St. Louis has been held to 10 or fewer points.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||3.7||7.8|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||1-2||2-5|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||1|
|TD||3:17||Chris Johnson 39 Yard Run (Rob Bironas Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 4 plays, 65 yds, 2:14
|TD||0:20||Chris Johnson 66 Yard Pass From Vince Young (Rob Bironas Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 2 plays, 82 yds, 0:55
|FG||7:02||Rob Bironas 27 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 6 plays, 65 yds, 1:18
|FG||1:09||Rob Bironas 34 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 10 plays, 34 yds, 4:22
|FG||0:02||Rob Bironas 36 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 5 plays, 23 yds, 0:30
|FG||8:20||Rob Bironas 50 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 6 plays, 50 yds, 2:27
|TD||2:08||Chris Johnson 3 Yard Run (Rob Bironas Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 7 plays, 23 yds, 4:02
|TD||13:08||Randy Mcmichael 11 Yard Pass From Keith Null (Josh Brown Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 8 plays, 68 yds, 4:00
|TD||7:39||Alge Crumpler 1 Yard Pass From Kerry Collins (Rob Bironas Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 61 yds, 5:31
|TD||5:52||Vincent Fuller 45 Yard Interception Return (Rob Bironas Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 4 plays, 24 yds, 1:47