8:20 PM ET, December 13, 2009
Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
Jackson ties NFL record for long TDs as Eagles get shootout win over Giants
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Dynamic DeSean Jackson danced his way into the record books, and had time for a chest bump with his coach, too.Jackson scored on a 72-yard punt return and a 60-yard pass from Donovan McNabb, sparking the Philadelphia Eagles to their most points this season in a 45-38 shootout victory over the New York Giants on Sunday night.
Mosley: Runaway Hit
In an NFC East shootout, the Giants had 512 yards, but the Eagles had DeSean Jackson. Advantage Philadelphia, Matt Mosley writes. Blog
Flying High And Deep
The Eagles took advantage of the Giants' secondary by going deep often, and with success.
|1-14 Yards||15+ Yards*|
* - Michael Vick was 1 for 1 with 32 yards
• The 83 total points are the most in the Eagles-Giants rivalry, breaking the previous record of 81 from Nov. 22, 1992.
• The two teams combined for 886 total yards, which is fifth most in the NFL this season.
• DeSean Jackson had 178 yards receiving and a touchdown and a 72-yard punt return for a score. Jackson has scored eight TDs of 50 yards or more this season, which tied the NFL record.
• Donovan McNabb threw for 275 yards, two TDs and an interception. He improved to 10-8 against the Giants in the regular season with 25 TDs and six interceptions.
• The Eagles are 5-1 against the NFC East this season and 15-5 against the NFC East in December since 2000. The Giants have lost four straight against the Eagles.
• Steve Smith had seven receptions to give him 85 on the season and break the team record for most receptions in a single season, a mark previously held by Amani Toomer (82 rec. in 2002).
• Michael Vick scored consecutive rushing touchdowns for the first time since November 2002.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Akers has missed two extra points this season, both against New York. ... The 512 yards New York gained were 91 more than the previous high the Eagles allowed, to the Saints. ... Philadelphia recovered Hixon's fumbled kickoff return, but time ran out to end the first half.
EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - DECEMBER 13: Brent Celek #87 of the Philadelphia Eagles celebrates after scoring a...(Photo by Michael Heiman/Getty Images)
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from Penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||7.1||7.1|
Comp - Att
Yards per pass
Sacks - Yards Lost
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||3-5||3-4|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||2||0|
|TD||11:28||Brent Celek 8 Yd Pass From Donovan McNabb (David Akers Kick)||7||0|
|TD||09:40||Sheldon Brown 60 Yd Fumble Return (David Akers Kick)||14||0|
|FG||02:27||Lawrence Tynes 26 Yd||14||3|
|TD||13:07||Hakeem Nicks 68 Yd Pass From Eli Manning (Lawrence Tynes Kick)||14||10|
|FG||06:42||David Akers 20 Yd||17||10|
|TD||04:09||DeSean Jackson 72 Yd Punt Return (David Akers Kick)||24||10|
|TD||01:30||Ahmad Bradshaw 3 Yd Run (Lawrence Tynes Kick)||24||17|
|TD||00:10||Michael Vick 1 Yd Run (Pat Blocked)||30||17|
|TD||09:18||Brandon Jacobs 1 Yd Run (Lawrence Tynes Kick)||30||24|
|TD||05:12||Domenik Hixon 61 Yd Pass From Eli Manning (Lawrence Tynes Kick)||30||31|
|TD||04:57||DeSean Jackson 60 Yd Pass From Donovan McNabb (David Akers Kick)||37||31|
|TD||05:48||Leonard Weaver 1 Yd Run (Donovan McNabb Pass To Jason Avant For Two-Point Conversion)||45||31|
|TD||01:31||Kevin Boss 4 Yd Pass From Eli Manning (Lawrence Tynes Kick)||45||38|
- NFL Home
- AFC East
- Buffalo Bills
- Miami Dolphins
- NE Patriots
- New York Jets
- AFC West
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders
- San Diego Chargers
- AFC North
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- AFC South
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tennessee Titans
- NFL Nation