1:00 PM ET, December 20, 2009
LP Field, Nashville, TN
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Tennessee Titans might fall short of making NFL history by rebounding from an 0-6 start to make the playoffs. It won't be for lack of trying, and they certainly aren't boring.Rob Bironas kicked a 46-yard field goal in overtime, and the Titans beat the Miami Dolphins 27-24 Sunday after blowing an 18-point lead.
Tale Of Two Halves
The Dolphins were able to overcome an 18-point deficit in the second half by making adjustments to contain Chris Johnson.
|Yards per att.||5.1||2.2|
• Rob Bironas kicked a 46-yard field goal to lift the Titans to their sixth win in their last seven games after starting the season 0-6.
• Chris Johnson ran for 104 yards, his ninth consecutive 100-yard game. He has 10 100-yard games this season, which is one shy of the franchise record.
• Vince Young threw for 236 yards and three touchdowns.
• The Dolphins tied the game late after trailing 24-6, but Chad Henne threw one of his three interceptions in overtime.
• The Dolphins had four turnovers. After having a NFL-low 13 turnovers last season, Miami already has 25 this season.
• The Dolphins fell to 7-7 and are two games behind the Patriots in the AFC East.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Williams finished with 80 yards on 19 carries, giving him 1,055 yards rushing this season. He set an NFL record for longest span between such seasons at six. ... It was the Titans' fifth straight win at home. ... Johnson now is second in franchise history with 1,730 yards rushing and trails only Hall of Famer Earl Campbell. ... Bulluck has started 127 straight games.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||6.1||6.1|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||2-5||0-1|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|FG||11:14||Dan Carpenter 23 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 6 plays, 20 yds, 2:48
|TD||7:19||Justin Gage 22 Yard Pass From Vince Young (Rob Bironas Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 81 yds, 4:34
|FG||9:31||Rob Bironas 24 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 10 plays, 74 yds, 4:26
|FG||3:24||Dan Carpenter 28 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 10 plays, 70 yds, 6:06
|TD||1:55||Justin Gage 21 Yard Pass From Vince Young (Rob Bironas Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 5 plays, 78 yds, 1:33
|TD||9:04||Nate Washington 32 Yard Pass From Vince Young (Rob Bironas Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 57 yds, 2:56
|FG||5:39||Dan Carpenter 45 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 4 plays, 7 yds, 1:38
|TD||7:48||Ricky Williams 1 Yard Run (Dan Carpenter Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 12 plays, 80 yds, 4:35
|TD||1:38||Anthony Fasano 2 Yard Pass From Chad Henne (Ricky Williams Run For Two-Point Conversion is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 90 yds, 3:02
|FG||11:24||Rob Bironas 46 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 4 plays, -1 yds, 2:21