1:00 PM ET, December 20, 2009
Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO
Harrison breaks team rushing record, Cribbs sets NFL kickoff return mark in win
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- All week the Browns heard how Mike Holmgren coming to Cleveland might mean the end of coach Eric Mangini's short, drama-filled stint with the team.Jerome Harrison and Josh Cribbs may have saved their coach's job, at least for now, trying to outdo each other with record-setting games.
• Jerome Harrison, who entered Sunday with 301 rushing yards, had the third-highest rushing yard total in a game in NFL history with 286 yards.
• Cleveland's Josh Cribbs joined Ted Ginn Jr. as the only players to have two 100-yard TDs of any kind in the same game. Cribbs also set an NFL record with eight career kickoff return TDs.
• It was the most points the Browns have scored since Week 6 of the 2007 season when they scored 41 against the Dolphins. The teams combined for 908 yards of total offense.
• Cleveland won two straight for the first time since 2007.
• Brady Quinn has won his last two starts, throwing for less than 100 yards in both.
• Matt Cassel threw for a season-high 331 yards with two TDs, but the Chiefs lost their fourth straight.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Browns QB Brady Quinn threw two interceptions, breaking his string of 151 attempts without one. ... Cassel threw for 331 yards, his first 300-yard game with the Chiefs. ... Cleveland won in Kansas City for the first time since the 1988 season opener.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||6.2||6.9|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||1-2||2-4|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||2||1|
|FG||10:18||Phil Dawson 47 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 12 plays, 46 yds, 4:47
|FG||4:15||Ryan Succop 30 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 6 plays, 37 yds, 1:58
|TD||4:12||Joshua Cribbs 100 Yard Kickoff Return (Phil Dawson Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 100 yds, 0:00
|FG||12:36||Phil Dawson 30 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 9 plays, 40 yds, 4:32
|TD||10:09||Chris Chambers 9 Yard Pass From Matt Cassel (Ryan Succop Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 72 yds, 2:28
|TD||4:19||Jamaal Charles 47 Yard Run (Ryan Succop Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 5 plays, 85 yds, 2:36
|TD||2:49||Andy Studebaker Fumble Recovery (Ryan Succop Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 4 plays, -12 yds, 1:26
|TD||2:44||Joshua Cribbs 103 Yard Kickoff Return (Phil Dawson Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 103 yds, 0:00
|TD||13:27||Jerome Harrison 71 Yard Run (Phil Dawson Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 2 plays, 82 yds, 0:43
|TD||12:14||Jerome Harrison 8 Yard Run (Phil Dawson Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 14 plays, 79 yds, 8:09
|FG||8:12||Ryan Succop 27 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 11 plays, 64 yds, 4:01
|TD||2:26||Mark Bradley 12 Yard Pass From Matt Cassel (Ryan Succop Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 8 plays, 58 yds, 2:06
|TD||0:52||Jerome Harrison 28 Yard Run (Phil Dawson Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 70 yds, 1:36