1:00 PM ET, December 20, 2009
Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
Ryan finds Gonzalez on fourth down as Falcons dim Jets' playoff hopes
• Matt Ryan led an 11-play, 73-yard drive and capped it with a 6-yard touchdown pass to Tony Gonzalez with 1:38 remaining. For Gonzalez, it was just his third catch of the day.
• Atlanta struggled all-day on offense, having only 167 yards before its final drive.
• The Falcons snapped a two-game losing streak and a four-game road losing streak.
• Mark Sanchez threw for 226 yards with one touchdown and three interceptions. He now has 20 interceptions this season, including five games with multiple interceptions.
• The Jets fell to 7-7 and are two games behind the Patriots in the AFC East.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Falcons RB Michael Turner started after missing the last two games with an ankle injury, but Smith said he was hurt again on his first carry. ... Jets RB Thomas Jones, who came in fourth in the NFL in rushing, finished with 52 yards on 19 carries. ... Thomas DeCoud had an interception for the Falcons.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||3.8||4.7|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||1-2||0-3|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|FG||7:39||Matt Bryant 24 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 10 plays, 29 yds, 4:40
|TD||2:57||Braylon Edwards 65 Yard Pass From Mark Sanchez (Jay Feely Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 65 yds, 0:00
|TD||1:42||Tony Gonzalez 6 Yard Pass From Matt Ryan (Matt Bryant Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 11 plays, 73 yds, 2:49