8:30 PM ET, December 21, 2009
FedEx Field, Landover, MD
Giants score on six of first seven posessions in domination of Redskins
LANDOVER, Md. -- This was how the New York Giants played when they were starting 5-0, back when they looked like a solid Super Bowl contender.The dominant version of the Giants showed itself again Monday night, only this time as a desperate team clinging to its playoff hopes.
Eli is Adjusting
Eli Manning has figured out the Redskins in his last four matchups against them, going 4-0 with a drastically better line than those he was piling up earlier in his career.
|1st 7 games||Last 4 games|
• Eli Manning threw for 268 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs. Manning now has a career-high 26 passing TDs, the first Giants QB with 25 or more pass TDs and 3,500 or more pass yards in a season.
• The Giants' 45 points vs. the Redskins were their most in the series since Sept. 29, 1968 (48).
• Steve Smith, who entered the game already having set the Giants' single-season record for most receptions, caught 5 passes for 40 yards and a score.
• The Giants led 24-0 at halftime, the largest shutout halftime lead on Monday Night Football since Dec. 5, 2005, when the Seahawks led the Eagles 35-0.
• Jason Campbell finished 15 for 28 for 192 yards with a TD and 2 INTs and he was sacked 5 times.
• The Redskins fell to 4-10, their first double-digit loss season since 2006 (5-11).
-- ESPN Stats & Information
The Giants converted their first seven third-down plays and went 11 for 15 for the game. ... Injuries: New York WR Hakeem Nicks (hamstring), Washington WR Devin Thomas (sprained ankle).
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||6.2||5.5|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||3-4||2-2|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||1||0|
|TD||5:53||Ahmad Bradshaw 3 Yard Run (Lawrence Tynes Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 16 plays, 80 yds, 9:13
|TD||14:25||Ahmad Bradshaw 4 Yard Run (Lawrence Tynes Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 11 plays, 63 yds, 5:00
|FG||8:10||Lawrence Tynes 38 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 9 plays, 27 yds, 4:40
|TD||4:41||Steve Smith 6 Yard Pass From Eli Manning (Lawrence Tynes Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 4 plays, 56 yds, 2:05
|TD||10:38||Fred Davis 11 Yard Pass From Jason Campbell (Graham Gano Kick is No Good)|
Drive info: 8 plays, 86 yds, 4:30
|TD||6:26||Derek Hagan 23 Yard Pass From Eli Manning (Lawrence Tynes Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 7 plays, 77 yds, 4:09
|TD||6:14||Terrell Thomas 14 Yard Interception Return (Lawrence Tynes Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 14 yds, 0:00
|TD||0:14||Quinton Ganther 1 Yard Run (Quinton Ganther Run For Two-Point Conversion is No Good)|
Drive info: 9 plays, 77 yds, 5:58
|TD||12:55||Mario Manningham 25 Yard Pass From Eli Manning (Lawrence Tynes Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 5 plays, 64 yds, 2:21