1:00 PM ET, January 3, 2010
Sun Life Stadium, Miami, FL
MIAMI -- On the brink of elimination from the playoff race, the Pittsburgh Steelers averted a fourth-quarter collapse to extend their season.It ended three hours later.
• Pittsburgh finished the regular season on a three-game win streak after losing its previous five games.
• Ben Roethlisberger went 18 for 27 for 220 yards and three TDs, and the Steelers held off a late Dolphins' rally to stay alive for a playoff spot.
• Willie Parker and Rashard Mendenhall both had more than 90 rushing yards for the Steelers, who had a season-high 202 yards on the ground.
• After Chad Henne and Pat White both left the game with injuries, Tyler Thigpen rallied Miami with two TDs to cut the deficit to 27-24, but then threw interceptions on the Dolphins' final two drives.
• Miami finished the season with three straight losses and its 7-9 record is their third losing season in the last four years.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Miami CB Vontae Davis left the game in the first half with a left wrist injury. ... Steelers safety Troy Polamalu (knee) was again inactive. ... LB Jason Taylor became the fourth Dolphins player to start a game in three decades. ... Miami FB Lousaka Polite was successful in his only third-down carry to finish 16 for 16 on third- and fourth-down conversions.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MIAMI - JANUARY 03: Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger #7 of the Pittsburgh Steelers celebrates after throwing a...(Photo by Doug Benc/Getty Images)
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from Penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||6.0||5.2|
Comp - Att
Yards per pass
Sacks - Yards Lost
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||2-6||2-4|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|TD||08:02||Santonio Holmes 5 Yd Pass From Ben Roethlisberger (Jeff Reed Kick)||7||0|
|TD||03:18||Lex Hilliard 11 Yd Pass From Chad Henne (Dan Carpenter Kick)||7||7|
|TD||00:25||Mike Wallace 54 Yd Pass From Ben Roethlisberger (Jeff Reed Kick)||14||7|
|FG||09:21||Dan Carpenter 25 Yd||14||10|
|FG||05:32||Jeff Reed 22 Yd||17||10|
|TD||03:42||Heath Miller 3 Yd Pass From Ben Roethlisberger (Jeff Reed Kick)||24||10|
|FG||13:57||Jeff Reed 21 Yd||27||10|
|TD||11:24||Brian Hartline 16 Yd Run (Dan Carpenter Kick)||27||17|
|TD||08:37||Davone Bess 34 Yd Pass From Tyler Thigpen (Dan Carpenter Kick)||27||24|
|FG||00:40||Jeff Reed 33 Yd||30||24|
- NFL Home
- AFC East
- Buffalo Bills
- Miami Dolphins
- NE Patriots
- New York Jets
- AFC West
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders
- San Diego Chargers
- AFC North
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- AFC South
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tennessee Titans
- NFL Nation