8:15 PM ET, January 16, 2010
Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN
INDIANAPOLIS -- Peyton Manning beat the Ravens and buried a myth.Say goodbye to the bye-week blues.In his first game since winning an unprecedented fourth NFL MVP award, Manning threw for two touchdowns Saturday night in the Indianapolis Colts' 20-3 victory over the Baltimore Ravens. The decisive win came after a playoff bye, something that had been a plague, not a respite, for Manning and his teammates.
More from ESPN.com
After all the talk, the Colts shook off early rust to put away the Ravens and move closer to vindication, writes Len Pasquarelli. Story
Normally, it's Indy's offense that sets the tempo, but Saturday night it was all about the "D", writes Paul Kuharsky. Blog
No matter what the Ravens do, they can't shake Peyton Manning, writes James Walker. Blog
The Ravens' offense has struggled to solve the Colts defense over the past two seasons.
• The three points allowed is the fewest by the Colts in the postseason since the 1971 Divisional playoffs vs. the Browns (three).
• Saturday was the first time Peyton Manning won a playoff game after a first-round bye.
• With the Saints win earlier Saturday, 2009 is the first time since 2004 that the No. 1 seed in each conference advanced to the conference championship.
• The Ravens lost their eighth straight game vs. the Colts, including the postseason.
• Ray Rice was the second player in the Super Bowl era (along with Joseph Addai in Super Bowl XLI) with 60 rush yards, 60 receiving yards, and 9 catches in a playoff game.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
It was Indy's first postseason win since the Super Bowl in January 2007. ... Manning is 8-8 in the playoffs. ... Baltimore has never allowed a 100-yard rusher in 13 playoff games. ... Indy allowed a league-low 13 sacks, but gave up two on Saturday.
INDIANAPOLIS - JANUARY 16: A fan of the Indianapolis Colts holds up a sign before the Colts take on the Baltimore...(Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from Penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||4.9||3.9|
Comp - Att
Yards per pass
Sacks - Yards Lost
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||0-2||2-3|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|FG||10:44||Matt Stover 44 Yd||0||3|
|FG||02:57||Billy Cundiff 25 Yd||3||3|
|TD||02:00||Austin Collie 10 Yd Pass From Peyton Manning (Matt Stover Kick)||3||10|
|TD||00:03||Reggie Wayne 3 Yd Pass From Peyton Manning (Matt Stover Kick)||3||17|
|FG||13:26||Matt Stover 33 Yd||3||20|
- NFL Home
- AFC East
- Buffalo Bills
- Miami Dolphins
- NE Patriots
- New York Jets
- AFC West
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders
- San Diego Chargers
- AFC North
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- AFC South
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tennessee Titans
- NFL Nation