4:30 PM ET, January 16, 2010
Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, LA
NEW ORLEANS -- Reggie Bush danced around defenders who fell over each other trying to tackle him. Drew Brees was back to passing with pinpoint accuracy, picking apart a beleaguered and depleted Arizona secondary.A little rest was all the Saints needed to shift their league-leading offense back into overdrive.
Bush In Another League
Reggie Bush picked a great time to have one of his best games as a pro. His effort Sunday led to a historic result.
|Yds. per rush||Round|
|Reggie Bush||16.8||2009 Divisional|
|Michael Vick||14.9||2004 Divisional|
|Stephen Davis||14.3||2003 Divisional|
|Bo Jackson||12.8||1990 Divisional|
Kurt Warner did not have the same success as the week before. New Orleans sent at least five pass rushers on 12 of Warner's 27 pass plays (44.4 percent) compared to just 21 percent by the Packers.
|vs. GB||vs. NO|
|Yards per att||9.9||5.5|
• Drew Brees threw three passing TDs, to join Aaron Brooks as the only QBs in Saints history with at least three passing TDs in a postseason game.
• Reggie Bush had 217 all-purpose yards and joined Charlie Trippi (1947 NFL Championship) as the only players in postseason history with rushing and punt return TDs in the same game.
• The 21 points scored by New Orleans in the first quarter was the most it has scored in any postseason quarter.
• Kurt Warner fell to 3-1 in the Divisional round and 0-3 in postseason games in the Superdome.
• Arizona allowed 90 points in its two playoff games this season. In the Super Bowl era, teams are just 1-6 in their next game after putting up at least 50 points in a postseason game.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Arizona was 1-of-8 on third down and had the ball for only 23:33. ... Aside from Hightower's touchdown on the first play, the Cardinals ran for only 31 yards. ... New Orleans hadn't won by more than three points since a 38-17 victory over New England on Nov. 30.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||6.9||6.3|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||1-2||3-3|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||1|
|TD||14:52||Tim Hightower 70 Yard Run (Neil Rackers Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 70 yds, 0:19
|TD||9:22||Lynell Hamilton 1 Yard Run (Garrett Hartley Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 72 yds, 5:24
|TD||7:10||Jeremy Shockey 17 Yard Pass From Drew Brees (Garrett Hartley Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 4 plays, 37 yds, 1:58
|TD||2:43||Reggie Bush 46 Yard Run (Garrett Hartley Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 5 plays, 77 yds, 2:54
|TD||9:45||Beanie Wells 4 Yard Run (Neil Rackers Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 9 plays, 80 yds, 5:07
|TD||6:57||Devery Henderson 44 Yard Pass From Drew Brees (Garrett Hartley Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 83 yds, 2:52
|TD||1:15||Marques Colston 2 Yard Pass From Drew Brees (Garrett Hartley Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 8 plays, 27 yds, 4:38
|FG||8:30||Garrett Hartley 43 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 6 plays, 39 yds, 2:10
|TD||7:01||Reggie Bush 83 Yard Punt Return (Garrett Hartley Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 83 yds, 0:00