4:40 PM ET, January 17, 2010
Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego, CA
SAN DIEGO -- Rex Ryan is on a roll.The rookie coach who declared his team Super Bowl favorites after he figured out they were still in the playoffs, is just a game away from being hailed for his psychic powers.His Jets are still playing.
More from ESPN.com
Twenty-eight teams wish they were the New York Jets. Imagine that. The Jets have reached the final four. They're in the conference championship game, one victory away from the Super Bowl, writes Tim Graham. Blog
The reality in San Diego is another failed playoff run after the Jets' running game and tenacious defense took over in the second half, writes Bill Williamson. Blog
• The Jets won two playoff games in a season for the first time since 1982 and the second time in team history.
• New York was the second 9-7 team since 1997 to beat a team in a divisional playoff game that was 12-4 or better.
• Nate Kaeding missed three FGA for the Chargers and was the first kicker to go 0-3 in an NFL playoff game since 1995. He only missed three in the regular season and is 3-9 at home in the postseason in his career.
• Opponents are 0-5 against the Jets on FGA this postseason after going 19-23 in the regular season.
• Mark Sanchez threw for 100 yards, the fewest by a Jets quarterback in a playoff win (minimum 20 att).
• Shonn Greene's 53-yard TD run was the second longest TD run in Jets postseason history.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
New York had four straight three-and-outs, failing to pick up a first down until its fifth drive, midway through the second quarter. ... Rivers threw a 13-yard TD pass to third-string tight end Kris Wilson in the second quarter. ... Jets DE Shaun Ellis left in the first quarter with a hand injury, but returned.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||4.2||5.7|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||1-1||2-3|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|TD||12:22||Kris Wilson 13 Yard Pass From Philip Rivers (Nate Kaeding Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 4 plays, 69 yds, 1:56
|FG||10:49||Jay Feely 46 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 8 plays, 32 yds, 4:15
|TD||13:42||Dustin Keller 2 Yard Pass From Mark Sanchez (Jay Feely Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 4 plays, 16 yds, 1:27
|TD||7:26||Shonn Greene 53 Yard Run (Jay Feely Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 4 plays, 66 yds, 2:10
|TD||2:20||Philip Rivers 1 Yard Run (Nate Kaeding Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 7 plays, 63 yds, 1:22