8:00 PM ET, August 8, 2010
Fawcett Stadium, Canton, OH
Cowboys force four turnovers, net three field goals in win over Bengals
• Kicking the season off in Canton, Ohio, the Cowboys beat the Bengals 16-7 in the Hall of Fame Game. It was a short night for the Cowboys' starters, as most only played the first series.
• Tony Romo was 5-for-10 for 59 yards before sitting the rest of the opening exhibition.
• Cowboys kicker David Buehler provided most of the scoring, connecting on field goals from 20, 34, and 23 yards (missed 49 yarder).
• Brandon Sharpe, the rookie linebacker out of Texas Tech, returned an interception for a touchdown for the only Cowboys touchdown.
• Darius Hill scored the Bengals' only TD of the game with less than a minute remaining in the fourth quarter on a 1-yard touchdown pass from third string QB Jordan Palmer.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
|FG||9:48||David Buehler 20 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 14 plays, 63 yds, 5:35
|FG||6:15||David Buehler 34 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 8 plays, 39 yds, 4:23
|FG||9:50||David Buehler 23 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 4 plays, 3 yds, 0:47
|TD||10:00||Brandon Sharpe 6 Yard Interception Return (David Buehler Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 9 yds, 0:00
|TD||1:34||Darius Hill 1 Yard Pass From Jordan Palmer (Dave Rayner Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 2 plays, 2 yds, 0:43